Join for free
Page 9 of 14 « First < 7 8 9 10 11 > Last »
Solasch
Chatterbox
Netherlands
Solasch is male  Solasch has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-04-2021, 09:00 PM

Re: Remainers

Originally Posted by Zaphod ->
Stop blustering Solly and admit your error.
Again: If no country contributed towards NATO there would be no NATO.
Each member contributes to its own defense systems, army however you want to call it. Nato is a treaty organisation (hence the name). Says it all, really.
Zaphod
Lincs UK
Zaphod is male  Zaphod has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-04-2021, 09:05 AM

Originally Posted by Solasch ->
Each member contributes to its own defense systems, army however you want to call it. Nato is a treaty organisation (hence the name). Says it all, really.
Hurrah, an admission that contributions are indeed what makes NATO despite your earlier denial!
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire
swimfeeders is male  swimfeeders has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-04-2021, 09:18 AM

Hi

We are out, end off, naff all to do with us.

This is what we voted for.

Of course we will have to comply with EU Rules to Export to them, as they will have to comply with our rules to export to us.

This is not a fight to continue between Remainers and Leavers.

We are out of the EU, we need to make that a success which means all working together in our best Interests.
Judd
Chatterbox
West Riding of Yorkshire
Judd is male  Judd has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-04-2021, 01:18 PM

Originally Posted by swimfeeders ->
Hi

We are out, end off, naff all to do with us.

This is what we voted for.

Of course we will have to comply with EU Rules to Export to them, as they will have to comply with our rules to export to us.

This is not a fight to continue between Remainers and Leavers.

We are out of the EU, we need to make that a success which means all working together in our best Interests.
And yet, arch-remainers such as Gina Miller, Andrew Adonis, and E.C. Grayling are stirring things up again in an attempt to get the UK to rejoin the EU. We (those who voted Leave) should never take our eyes off them and their duplicity.

To paraphrase the oft used quotation “Eternal vigilance is the price of liberty”.
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-04-2021, 01:42 PM

I have subscribed to the GBNews Facebook site, as I understand that when that organisation begins broadcasting it will be just about the only unbiased news organisation available on the telly!

I was surprised, therefore, to find that comments made on their posts are heavily occupied by lefty anti-Brexit remoaners! I see that the word 'Gammon' appears amazingly frequently, as well, demonstrating their particular personal bias!

I'd have thought that they'd gravitate more to places like the Grauniad and the BBC sites. Perhaps they're hoping to take over!

I do hope that their continued 'input' doesn't affect the promise by GBNews of being completely unbiased.
Zaphod
Lincs UK
Zaphod is male  Zaphod has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-04-2021, 01:52 PM

Originally Posted by JBR ->
I have subscribed to the GBNews Facebook site, as I understand that when that organisation begins broadcasting it will be just about the only unbiased news organisation available on the telly!

I was surprised, therefore, to find that comments made on their posts are heavily occupied by lefty anti-Brexit remoaners! I see that the word 'Gammon' appears amazingly frequently, as well, demonstrating their particular personal bias!

I'd have thought that they'd gravitate more to places like the Grauniad and the BBC sites. Perhaps they're hoping to take over!

I do hope that their continued 'input' doesn't affect the promise by GBNews of being completely unbiased.
I won't have anything to do with Facebook so I'm not going for a peek but this anti-Brexit lefty remoaner whinging type of thing in comments seems to pervade much of any media that is even remotely either pro-Brexit or even neutral in stance and provides space for comments.
The poor disaffected souls don't have anywhere else to vent their spleens.
Well, not that either allows it or pays them any attention.
I feel sorry for them .......... not.
Judd
Chatterbox
West Riding of Yorkshire
Judd is male  Judd has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-04-2021, 02:02 PM

And that's even before the channel has launched!
Bread
Chatterbox
Sudbury, United Kingdom
Bread is male  Bread has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-04-2021, 02:15 PM

They are usually rich people living in metropolitan London.

Just ignore them, their remain arguments have been debunked years ago. The future of the UK looks solid compared to the rest of mainland Europe.

Anyone thinking of joining the EU should bear in mind the levels of mutualised debt that was distributed only a couple of years ago, before COVID hit the 27. Even before COVID, Germany, Spain, Italy, Portugal and just about all other members states were going into recession.

On the other hand the UK, upon leaving the EU had the only economy that was growing and outperforming most of the EU put together, it had full employment and the most foreign investment.

Since COVOD happened, the UK has revolutionised clinical trial and regulatory approvals, developed vaccines and diagnostics industry that leads the world out of nothing, developed a vaccine against the virus, providing it world-wide on a not-for-profit-basis, rolling out a track and trace system that is the best in Europe and a vaccine program that is not only world leading but out performing all of the 27.

As the UK comes out of lockdown (unlike the EU) we are starting to see the re-start of investment, job advertisements are already higher than before COVID and the economy is starting to rebound much faster and harder than predicted by all major economics forecasters.

In the meantime what have we seen from the EU ?

1. Putting politics first over the pandemic by refusing to close borders and fining countries like Italy for bailing out their hospitality industry against their rules.

2. Incompetence in securing vaccines from every supplier including those in the 27.

3. Failure in delivering a vaccine program that delivers to the people. Perpetual lockdowns and economic damage.

4. EU covid funding made available that hardly anyone has received yet, increasing poverty and destroying businesses.

5. Deliberate frustrating of UK-EU trade borders against WTO rules and international law

6. Breach of the GFA, and the TCA for imposing a hard border on the Ireland of Ireland without complying with the Irish Protocol

7. Vaccine nationalisation and hijacking of other countries property (vaccine piracy)

8. Blatant disregard for human rights by assisting migrant dinghies across the channel into UK waters

etc.

And yet nobody is looking at the next disaster to hit the EU - Target 2, more mutualised debt, more QE and inflation.
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-04-2021, 05:35 PM

I have just had look at their website and judging by their presenters, they appear to be going down the same pc route as the BBC.
Solasch
Chatterbox
Netherlands
Solasch is male  Solasch has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-04-2021, 06:29 PM

Originally Posted by Longdogs ->
I have just had look at their website and judging by their presenters, they appear to be going down the same pc route as the BBC.
Yep, once a week nigel farage will do a feature item on british fishing. After all, even british fishermen believed him, and have to do their complaining now on danish television. About time british owned up to their brexit.
https://hullcitytigers.com/p/brexit/...aks_of_brexit/
https://www.independent.co.uk/news/u...-b1834389.html

Page 9 of 14 « First < 7 8 9 10 11 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top