Join for free
Page 7 of 26 « First < 5 6 7 8 9 17 > Last »
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-03-2017, 10:47 PM

Re: Additions and changes to our Mod team

Originally Posted by Mups ->
I don't think that would work Julie as I tried to explain before.

Thing is, what happens if nobody at all wants the job in the end? What will happen then?
Conscription mups and your names top of the list
Morticia
Chatterbox
England
Morticia is female  Morticia has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-03-2017, 12:42 AM

Originally Posted by Rehab44 ->
Moi? little old me? Thanks Apricot, I think that there might be a few who would disagree with you though...I am a little too robust for some and don't suffer fools lightly, I am not diplomatic enough, but once again thanks for the recommendation
Hee..hee ... wouldn't that be too much like giving you a stick of dynamite and fighting to stop you reaching for the matches.
Whereas I, of course, would probably have the effect (beneficial or otherwise) of tempting half the forum to leave en masse.
Azz
Admin
South Wales, UK
Azz is male  Azz has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-03-2017, 12:46 AM

Just a quick update to clear some things up.

We have have mod nominations in the past but people just ended up nominating their friends without thinking about their suitability and so we didn't go ahead with things then. This time around we are asking people to put themselves forward. You can still nominate people if you want to, but ideally we want people to think about what it means to be a moderator and to put themseles forward. It isn't some kind of game - what moderators do and say on a forum can have a profound and lasting effect on members.

There's also been some questions raised about eligibility with regards to prejudice and hateful opinions, so here's a quick-check questionnaire to ascertain how suitable or not a member might be as a moderator:

• Do you believe all humans regardless of where they were born or which race they belong to to be equal?
  • Do you believe all humans regardless of their gender or sexuality to be equal and that they deserve full equal rights? (such as supporting gay marriage and equal pay/rights for women)
  • Do you believe in helping and not discriminating against those who have been persecuted elsewhere or are less fortunate than yourself (ie. those on low-incomes, benefits, or seeking refuge and immigration etc)
  • Do you believe everyone has the right to believe whatever they want to believe (religion or otherwise) so long as they are not hurting anyone else (you don't have to respect their opinion, just their right to hold it and live their life as they please)
  • Do you believe everyone has the right to air their opinions so long as they do so in a respectful manner?

If you answer no to any of these answers you would not be a suitable candidate for a moderator position on this forum. We have members of all walks of life here, and the last thing I want is for anyone to feel less of a member because of the views of a moderator, which, whether we like it or not, is given somewhat of an elevated platform because of their Moderator title.

Having said all that, we've always understood that potential mods are actually few and far between, so what we might do first is create a group of Forum Helpers, and then those who prove themselves can be offered a Mod position (not 100% on this yet mind - it's just an option but would mean we could be more flexible with the criteria above. Ideally we would have enough suitable mods come forward instead)
fender
Chatterbox
SE England
fender is male  fender has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-03-2017, 12:47 AM

I openly admit I've put myself forward for the following reasons:

Level headed
Always PC
Calm & collected
Never rude
Even tempered
Don't speak my mind even when I want to
Great body
Good looking

I've passed the initial interview with flying colours.

My second interview is next Thursday.

I'll keep you informed..

Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-03-2017, 12:49 AM

Originally Posted by Julie1962 ->
Conscription mups and your names top of the list

Ooooh No . . . I'd only start grizzling and snivelling if I got bullied.

Fender - you're a nutter.
Morticia
Chatterbox
England
Morticia is female  Morticia has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-03-2017, 12:53 AM

Originally Posted by fender ->
I openly admit I've put myself forward for the following reasons:

Level headed
Always PC
Calm & collected
Never rude
Even tempered
Don't speak my mind even when I want to
Great body
Good looking

I've passed the initial interview with flying colours.

My second interview is next Thursday.

I'll keep you informed..

Stop bragging ... no matter how hard I rub I can't get the tarnish of my halo so I've slung it back into the wardrobe.

Having said that ... good luck to anyone who applies.
Goldielocks
Spain
Goldielocks is female  Goldielocks has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-03-2017, 02:27 AM

Clumsy has my vote fits the above description and very experienced and impartial
Muddy
Chatterbox
UK
Muddy is female  Muddy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-03-2017, 02:41 AM

There are several members who would make excellent mods IMO.
Mups and Twink would get my vote for keeping cool under fire .

I'm far too laid back for such a role
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-03-2017, 01:29 PM

Originally Posted by Muddy ->

I agree muddy mups and twink are very good ideas, you and I however oh I wouldn't want to imagine that scenario
Twink55
Chatterbox
Cheshire, England
Twink55 is female  Twink55 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-03-2017, 02:54 PM

Originally Posted by Muddy ->

Originally Posted by Julie1962 ->
I agree muddy mups and twink are very good ideas, you and I however oh I wouldn't want to imagine that scenario
Thank you ladies, but there are a few reasons I can't apply.

1) This requirement........"Must avoid personal relationships with other members that may compromise their impartiality".
I like all the regulars on here and consider them to be friends, so I wouldn't give that up

2) Somebody, on here, told me that it would mean adjusting my posting style and I wouldn't want to do that.

3) I would display sexual bias.... I am sure you have all seen how much I like to tell the men off !

4) I happen to know that Mups really is a witch ( Gertie and Nellie told me she keeps all the strawberries for herself) so I am not sharing a cauldron with her!

Only the first 2 are serious

Page 7 of 26 « First < 5 6 7 8 9 17 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top