Join for free
Page 13 of 26 « First < 3 11 12 13 14 15 23 > Last »
Rehab44
Chatterbox
Nil
Rehab44 is male  Rehab44 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-03-2017, 08:59 PM

Re: Additions and changes to our Mod team

Who might that be then?
Goldielocks
Spain
Goldielocks is female  Goldielocks has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-03-2017, 09:00 PM

Julie I think all I see on this forum is name calling. Out them if that is the case.

Acerbic wit is different

I have noticed most members on this very important decision are just that too nice and frightened to offend another member.
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-03-2017, 09:05 PM

I'm not naming names people know who they are.
Morticia
Chatterbox
England
Morticia is female  Morticia has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-03-2017, 09:07 PM

Can we please not go down this old road ... again.
Tiffany
Chatterbox
Devon
Tiffany is female  Tiffany has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-03-2017, 09:11 PM

No thanks, been there & got the t shirt.
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-03-2017, 09:15 PM

Originally Posted by Morticia ->
Can we please not go down this old road ... again.
I'm not going to but you have to admit some nominees are not going to be able to do the job with an even hand. I've said several times as has azz it has to be people able to treat everyone equally.
Morticia
Chatterbox
England
Morticia is female  Morticia has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-03-2017, 09:22 PM

It's a tough role to fill Julie.
Azz has set quite high standards too. Anyone who is a mod has, ideally, to quash their own opinion and be able to see all sides.
That's why on some forums they're fondly known as Janus, God of Doors and Gateways with two faces .. and they need them to look both ways at once and manage to speak with forked tongue out of one side of their face whilst the other is still posting as an ordinary member.

No insult to any Mods, past present and future intended.
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey

18-03-2017, 09:32 PM

Azz has set quite high standards too. Anyone who is a mod has, ideally, to quash their own opinion and be able to see all sides.
That's why on some forums they're fondly known as Janus, God of Doors and Gateways with two faces .. and they need them to look both ways at once and manage to speak with forked tongue out of one side of their face whilst the other is still posting as an ordinary member.

Indeed but I'm sure we can fill the posts with people everyone can agree on, although ten is a high number to find I grant you.
Twink55
Chatterbox
Cheshire, England
Twink55 is female  Twink55 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-03-2017, 09:40 PM

Originally Posted by Goldielocks ->
I have watched the comments and as this is an important decision for Azz

I have three nominations

Galty
Pumistone
Malcolm

Why this choice. None are attached to any of the members on site. So do not run with the crowd not the hare and the hounds brigade. Or attached to friends.

Very direct views and have their own opinions but I have seen impartiality too. Not over cautious to fit in with the crowd or admin.

Pum excellent for EU threads as he is not affected by the issues or self absorbed by them

Also why not a member from a different part of the world. A different time zone to cover the night slots.
Goldielocks, I am a little surprised by your selections as Pumicestone seems to have been removed from our members list, which indicates that he has chosen to leave or been banned.

Malcolm hardly posts on here any more so I don't understand how you can judge him so well, apart from the fact that you told me you were moving to another forum, a few days ago..and it was Malcolm's own forum that you moved to.

I don't know how Galty feels about being a mod, but I do know he has strong opinions on some things so, like the rest of us, he may be unable to meet the specifications that Azz has mentioned... but that would be between Azz and himself.

I am sure all the members on here are just hoping to get moderation to the same level as Meg and Mags have provided..... as they will be the new mod's supervisor!
Not sure how Pummy and Malcolm would feel about being supervised by a woman.
Goldielocks
Spain
Goldielocks is female  Goldielocks has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-03-2017, 09:44 PM

I agree with that Morti.

Diplomacy as well. How you respond to members if you received a report.

I also think customer service skills. Update those skills regularly.

Are there indeed such courses for mods.

It is indeed a hard job but all it really needs is a good dose of common sense.

Page 13 of 26 « First < 3 11 12 13 14 15 23 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top