Join for free
Page 384 of 487 « First < 284 334 374 382 383 384 385 386 394 434 484 > Last »
footprints
Colwyn Bay Wales
footprints is female  footprints has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-04-2020, 09:26 AM

Re: Over 50's Wales club (part 6)

Originally Posted by Sweetsue ->
Good luck Jac - can't she say she's delivering groceries to you.? Just having my coffee and then I'm going back to my jigsaw. Don't know how long this lockdown is likely to be but I'm thinking of making a book over which will be finished first, the lockdown or the jigsaw.......
I would say the jig-saw. - but then I am a bit of a pessimist, nor do I know how long it take you to do jigsaws. If you are like me -five days - give up and put it quietly back in its box - ready to be returned to the charity shop.
Sweetsue
midWales
Sweetsue is female  Sweetsue has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-04-2020, 10:29 AM

Footoprints - Never, ever give up!!! If I could I'd post pics of progress on here. I'm rejoicing because I've put four pieces in this morning! Have never had one with such a difficult edge though. Each piece seems to fit equally well in several different places.

Lovely morning here, washing in the machine and remains of a casserole to heat up so I'll be back to the jigsaw any minute.......
rhosyn
South Wales
rhosyn is female  rhosyn has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-04-2020, 10:42 AM

Can't for the life of me do jigsaws-even children's ones, the big pieces ones aren't too bad!
Lovely morning,bedding out on the line and pup walked.Going to tackle the inside windows after my coffee.
Had Boris' letter this morning,bit ironic him being in intensive care.Copy in Welsh too.Da iawn.
Have a good day.
Jac
Wales UK
Jac is female  Jac has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-04-2020, 11:33 AM

I had my letter as well. Nothing in it apart from what we are being told a hundred times a day on the TV.
Karen got home ok with her wood !!
Just finished my Tesco order for tomorrow , I've added a few things for neighbours . Our handiman dropped the list in ,don't even know some of them . Still cant get any slots after next week
Keep safe xxx
footprints
Colwyn Bay Wales
footprints is female  footprints has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-04-2020, 07:54 PM

Originally Posted by Sweetsue ->
Footoprints - Never, ever give up!!! If I could I'd post pics of progress on here. I'm rejoicing because I've put four pieces in this morning! Have never had one with such a difficult edge though. Each piece seems to fit equally well in several different places.

Lovely morning here, washing in the machine and remains of a casserole to heat up so I'll be back to the jigsaw any minute.......
Just as I think life is too short to stuff olives, I also think its too short to wrestle with a difficult jigsaw, but I do probably give up too easily. Have you tried doing jigsaw puzzles on line?
Jac
Wales UK
Jac is female  Jac has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-04-2020, 10:42 AM

Nice day but a bit overcast
Tesco has been but some of the things like flour and sugar that I was getting for my neighbours were not available . I ordered 2 litres of whisky to keep me going and they sent 2 -70cl bottles and 3- 35 cl. They will go down all the same I suppose lol.
Keep safe xxx
Sweetsue
midWales
Sweetsue is female  Sweetsue has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-04-2020, 12:00 PM

Originally Posted by footprints ->
Just as I think life is too short to stuff olives, I also think its too short to wrestle with a difficult jigsaw, but I do probably give up too easily. Have you tried doing jigsaw puzzles on line?
Yes but somehow it is not as satisfying as feeling that piece you have been searching for click into place!

Another glorious day here. Had to fill up the water tub for the ewes this morning, they are drinking several times a day it is so dry. Loads of laundry on the line and I'm now going to grill some bacon for lunch.

I had Boris' letter and leaflet (x two) but would far rather the £5million had gone to the NHS.
rhosyn
South Wales
rhosyn is female  rhosyn has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-04-2020, 07:21 AM

Up at daft o'clock,done a couple of jobs.
Going to Tesco early this morning to get essentials and need 3 birthday cards,April and July are the months when there are several birthdays.Hopefully by July the birthdays will be able to be celebrated in person.
Stay well and safe and enjoy the sunshine.
Jac
Wales UK

09-04-2020, 11:14 AM

Lovely sunshine and calm sea here ,lovely to look out on
Still no slots for Tesco , I'm alright for next week so will have to double up and then live on my stock. Wish we knew when this would be over .I think I will appreciate "normal" things a lot more .
Take care xxxx
rhosyn
South Wales

09-04-2020, 11:56 AM

It was busy in my local Tesco(it's not one of the very big ones,but not the express type)
The checkout lady said it had been busy since it opened at 6am.Still no flour but got all I needed,ok now for quite a while.
It's going to warm this afternoon-going to sit in the garden.

Page 384 of 487 « First < 284 334 374 382 383 384 385 386 394 434 484 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top