Join for free
Page 385 of 487 « First < 285 335 375 383 384 385 386 387 395 435 485 > Last »
footprints
Colwyn Bay Wales
footprints is female  footprints has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-04-2020, 09:29 AM

Re: Over 50's Wales club (part 6)

I had Boris' letter and leaflet (x two) but would far rather the £5million had gone to the NHS.[/QUOTE]

Couldn't agree more !

Looks like another nice day. Seen more police people walking around than I have done in years.

Seagull has left a message of goodwill on my patio window - honestly as if I hadn't got enough to do what with all the TV watching, reading, telephoning friends and family, wondering what I can have for dinner (no I am not short of food - its the choice I am having trouble with!) now I have to clean up after seagulls. .
I won't mention jigsaws again - but they are sitting quietly in their boxes in the spare room.
Jac
Wales UK
Jac is female  Jac has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-04-2020, 11:13 AM

Nice sunny day with a bit of a breeze. Bit of washing out blowing nicely
Tide is right in at the moment so not many on the beach ,wonder what will happen later.
Doubt if my daughter will call down today because of police stopping people on the Mumbles road
Take care xxx
Sweetsue
midWales
Sweetsue is female  Sweetsue has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-04-2020, 03:02 PM

Don't know whether it's because I've acquired two hearing aids since last year but I have never ever heard the birds making such a noise. I am totally useless at identifying bird calls, apart from the cuckoo and swallows, there is one particularly persistent one yelling from the garden and I can't even see it to compare it with the bird book!

Had to give up for now on the jigsaw, too hot in the conservatory.

Accomplished something today, scrubbed out all the recycling boxes.
Since I rinse everything before I put it in them, how do they get so dirty?

Wish I was paddling at Caswell Jac.
Jac
Wales UK
Jac is female  Jac has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-04-2020, 11:57 AM

You would love a paddle today Sue, sea is like a mill-pond and just on the way out . Sun is shining as well
Hardly anybody on the beach yesterday,Police were stopping everybody on Mumbles road and Caswell Hill
Just heard a husband of a friend has the virus and not expected to make it.
Take care xxxx
rhosyn
South Wales
rhosyn is female  rhosyn has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-04-2020, 08:51 AM

Pasg Hapus. Happy Easter.
Another sunny morning.Had early morning walk,lovely to see the Bluebells and the birds were in good voice-nature still carries on.
Thinking of starting painting the garden fence today,see what the "hwyl" is later on.
Enjoy the sunshine.
Jac
Wales UK

12-04-2020, 10:47 AM

No sun here at the moment . Very overcast with a chill sea mist .
Tide is full in but looks cold
Take care xxx
Sweetsue
midWales
Sweetsue is female  Sweetsue has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-04-2020, 08:17 PM

Sounds like the weather is on the turn. Mustn't grumble I suppose, it has been fab for a few weeks and we really need some rain to freshen the grass. Would you believe that? After the deluge we had in the previous weeks the ground is now so dry that the grass will soon stop growing - and this is just when the freshest growth is needed for the ewes that are producing milk for their lambs. (Lecture over, sorry about that)

Jigsaw is coming on in leaps and bounds but I don't know whether the edge pieces will ever be put into place. If you want to see it finished you'll have to look on Facebook!
rhosyn
South Wales
rhosyn is female  rhosyn has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-04-2020, 07:15 AM

Had a restless night-got up early to a cold morning.
Did start painting the fence yesterday might do a bit more today if it's not too cold.
How do I see your finished jigsaw on FB Sue?
Have a good day.
Jac
Wales UK

13-04-2020, 11:53 AM

Lovely sunshine but a chilly breeze
My friend just phoned from Port-Tennant and said that every night a street plays a game of Bingo with everybody sitting on their window sills. The Caller has a microphone and all proceeds go to the local Church. Sounds like fun
Had some bad news , a man from Newton has died of the virus , He was a local character and he was 94 but a sad end .None of his friends could visit and he had no family
Take care xxx
Sweetsue
midWales

13-04-2020, 07:15 PM

Finished at last. Rhosyn, if you are on FB befriend me (Sue Farmer) and the finished jigsaw is on my timeline.

Sorry to hear about your neighbour Jac. Such a sad end. One of our local vicars has died very suddenly (of a heart attack not the virus) and we are all devastated that we can't attend his funeral.

Hasn't it been a glorious day? A little chillier than previously but lovely sunshine and yet another load of washing dry.

Page 385 of 487 « First < 285 335 375 383 384 385 386 387 395 435 485 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top