Join for free
Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >
susan m
DORSET UK
susan m is female  susan m has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-02-2021, 02:31 PM

Re: The Queens Consent

When young my dad would tell me the rich always stole from the poor . Land and property would be granted to friends of the kings and queens even though the people had worked that lands forever and a day and the so called new Lord or whatever would come and steal the land from the poor they would be evicted in a heartbeat and left to starve or die from cold .

Even today the laws are wrong on every count
Roxy
Chatterbox
Caithness.
Roxy is female  Roxy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-02-2021, 02:42 PM

Originally Posted by Muddy ->
His private residences include Gloucestershire's Highgrove House, Tamarisk House - which is on the Isles of Scilly - and Llwynywermod in Carmarthenshire, Wales.

Overall, the Royal Family's property portfolio is worth an estimated £13billion.
Don't forget the one just along the road from me, "The Castle of Mey" he inherited it when the Queen Mother died.
He's up here quite a lot during the summer months.
Xandra
United Kingdom
Xandra is female  Xandra has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-02-2021, 06:20 PM

Butts they can get away with it they'll continue to increase their vast wealth.
Dodge
Kent, UK
Dodge is male  Dodge has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-02-2021, 06:59 PM

The Guardian has exposed the way the royal family has manipulated government drafts in order to shield embarrassing details form the public . Ie how much money they make of the British taxpayer .

It’s outrageous

https://www.theguardian.com/commenti...riminal-charge
I started reading the article and was waiting for factual evidence to appear that would substantiate what the tabloid is accusing the monarch of but then further down I get to the part where the the tabloid says they did some investigating of papers from the national articles and the tabloid's conclusion is that these papers 'suggest' that the monarch has been interfering...'SUGGEST'!!!, that's when I stopped reading and decided the tabloid was just monarchy bashing', as they have done so in the past.
Muddy
Chatterbox
UK
Muddy is female  Muddy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-02-2021, 07:17 PM

I dont consider the Guardian a tabloid they have to say suggest to avoid being sued .
Dodge
Kent, UK
Dodge is male  Dodge has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-02-2021, 10:17 PM

I dont consider the Guardian a tabloid they have to say suggest to avoid being sued .
You cannot get sued for factual truths. The fact that the tabloid uses the word 'suggest' in the article to justify writing it in the first place proves the motives of the tabloid is not to report factual news but to cause trouble for the monarchy.
Twink55
Chatterbox
Cheshire, England
Twink55 is female  Twink55 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-02-2021, 09:32 AM

Originally Posted by Dodge ->
You cannot get sued for factual truths. The fact that the tabloid uses the word 'suggest' in the article to justify writing it in the first place proves the motives of the tabloid is not to report factual news but to cause trouble for the monarchy.
I agree Dodge! The press always are trying to find a big story about the royals because they can make a fortune from it.

Those who are jealous of the Queen's wealth really need to try doing her job for a few years to find just how hard she has worked, and still is doing! I would hate every second of it , but the queen never had the choice to get out of it.
Muddy
Chatterbox
UK
Muddy is female  Muddy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-02-2021, 07:48 PM

I am not jealous of her wealth Twink she could have stepped down any time in these last 35 years she has heirs and spares enough it is her choice to continue to be Queen
In way it’s a shame poor old Charles has never had a chance to be King he will probably die before she does .
William who will be the last king of the U.K. could have been king now if she has stepped down at 60 and Charles did the same .Charles could have had 35 years of being King and them retired gracefully and allowed a younger man to take over .
But she didn’t and that was her choice .
APRICOT
Chatterbox
Suffolk UK
APRICOT is female  APRICOT has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-02-2021, 11:13 PM

She did have a choice she could have retired And handed over to Charlie ,but she didn"t want to ,would have been unprecedented ,but she has loved all the adulation and didn"t want to let go IMO .
Twink55
Chatterbox
Cheshire, England
Twink55 is female  Twink55 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-02-2021, 09:43 AM

I don't recall the queen ever doing anything serious, that the tabloid press can use to discredit her, ..... but some of her children have! Lets be fair, would any of you want to hand over to Charles & Andrew?

She has been respected by most people and her dignified presence has brought a fortune to the UK from tourism. Sadly, if royalty disappear, it will be the first step to running this country down to the level of the USA..... and there will be plenty of idiots , like Trump, who will want to be our leader.
I don't personally know any of the royals so. just like most people, my opinion of them is no more valid than my opinion of anybody else I don't know .... but I bet the queen & her husband would have loved to put their feet up & retire , like the rest of us.

Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top