Join for free
Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3
Harbal
South Yorkshire
Harbal is male  Harbal has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-05-2021, 07:47 PM

Re: Green Woodpecker (video)

Originally Posted by Pixie Knuckles ->
Hmm, high expectations there, Harbal - poor fellow hasn't even got off the grass yet!
It needs to learn the alphabet first...Trees, then Typewriters Wonder if its a boy or a girl....not that I'm genderising at all, but y'know...
I have a theory that it was adopted by blackbirds, at a very young age. That would explain its behaviour.
Pixie Knuckles
Chatterbox
Scotland, UK
Pixie Knuckles is female  Pixie Knuckles has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-05-2021, 07:56 PM

Originally Posted by Harbal ->
I have a theory that it was adopted by blackbirds, at a very young age. That would explain its behaviour.

Oooh now there's a thought! So there might be quite a learning curve with this one then....not to mention an identity crisis. Hmm, I think we need to get ourselves a proper tree woodpecker then!
Harbal
South Yorkshire
Harbal is male  Harbal has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-05-2021, 08:13 PM

Oooh now there's a thought! So there might be quite a learning curve with this one then....not to mention an identity crisis. Hmm, I think we need to get ourselves a proper tree woodpecker then!
Well I did think I saw our woodpecker have a gentle peck at the twig in the grass. Now that indicates to me that there may be some vestigial woodpecker instinct there. If I'm right, it is something to build on.
Pixie Knuckles
Chatterbox
Scotland, UK
Pixie Knuckles is female  Pixie Knuckles has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-05-2021, 09:13 PM

Ok, so lets encourage that by getting a branch, then a tree...and hopefully we could build from there...what say you RS? Any chance of that...does it come round your way very often?
Harbal
South Yorkshire

24-05-2021, 09:23 PM

Ok, so lets encourage that by getting a branch, then a tree...and hopefully we could build from there...what say you RS? Any chance of that...does it come round your way very often?
Oh dear, Pixie, you have just made me realise: It's all very well our making plans for the woodpecker, but it isn't our woodpecker, it belongs to RS. Do you think he will live up to his responsibilities and rehabilitate the poor creature? Give it the chance to truly live as a woodpecker, and not as a blackbird dressed in green.
Pixie Knuckles
Chatterbox
Scotland, UK

24-05-2021, 09:31 PM

This is true, Harbal. How could we get so far ahead of ourselves? Apologies to RS, I do hope he doesn't take umbrage with our Woodpecker Plans..... Although I think a green blackbird is very fetching, in its own way!
realspeed
Chatterbox
South coast
realspeed is male  realspeed has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-05-2021, 10:07 PM

If a Woodpecker could peck wood
How much wood would a Woodpecker peck
if a Woodpecker could peck wood?

A Woodpecker would peck
All the wood he could peck
If a Woodpecker could peck wood
Harbal
South Yorkshire

24-05-2021, 10:10 PM

Originally Posted by realspeed ->
If a woodpecker could peck wood
if a Woodpecker could peck wood
I don't know the exact amount, RS, but it would certainly peck more than a blackbird would. Which brings me to the case of your woodpecker..........
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-05-2021, 10:11 PM

Originally Posted by realspeed ->
If a woodpecker could peck wood
if a Woodpecker could peck wood
Gosh, that's an old one RS, we used to say that when we were in school!
braveheart
Edinburgh
braveheart is male  braveheart has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-05-2021, 12:38 PM

Well captured. I have never seen one in real life.

Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top