Join for free
Page 2 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >
Cinderella
Chatterbox
East Anglia, UK
Cinderella is female  Cinderella has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-06-2021, 10:35 AM

Re: Red Kite

We have quite a few sparrowhawks.
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire
OldGreyFox is male  OldGreyFox has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-06-2021, 11:04 AM

Amazing photos PooBear, however, where I go walking in North Yorkshire, especially around Harewood House and Ripon there are hundreds of them....
braveheart
Edinburgh
braveheart is male  braveheart has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-06-2021, 04:18 PM

That's a cracker.
Tiffany
Chatterbox
Devon
Tiffany is female  Tiffany has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-06-2021, 05:09 PM

Beautiful shots. I love these birds of prey but we don't have any near here, yet. Hopefully we will.
PooBear
United Kingdom
PooBear is male  PooBear has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-06-2021, 06:16 AM

Originally Posted by OldGreyFox ->
Amazing photos PooBear, however, where I go walking in North Yorkshire, especially around Harewood House and Ripon there are hundreds of them....
Encouraging to hear OGF. I guess the Yorkshire moors are an ideal breeding ground.
summer
Chatterbox
yorkshire
summer is female  summer has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-06-2021, 06:43 AM

Originally Posted by Sweetsue ->
Lovely photo PooBear. Where I live there are more kites than sparrows!
Same here Sue we are over run with them
Tiffany
Chatterbox
Devon
Tiffany is female  Tiffany has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-06-2021, 11:13 AM

Send a few pairs down to Devon please, OGF. We have none here.
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire
OldGreyFox is male  OldGreyFox has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-06-2021, 02:16 PM

Originally Posted by Tiffany ->
Send a few pairs down to Devon please, OGF. We have none here.
Okay will do Tiff...
Apparently they had all but died out in North Yorkshire so they had to reintroduce them. Unfortunately they are doing rather better than expected and are becoming a problem to farmers and other species of birds and small critters. Like I posted on another thread, "Every Action has an equal and opposite reaction" Everything we do sometimes has unexpected consequences.
Tiffany
Chatterbox
Devon

02-06-2021, 02:40 PM

Okay will do Tiff...
Apparently they had all but died out in North Yorkshire so they had to reintroduce them. Unfortunately they are doing rather better than expected and are becoming a problem to farmers and other species of birds and small critters. Like I posted on another thread, "Every Action has an equal and opposite reaction" Everything we do sometimes has unexpected consequences.
We saw them for the first time at Gigrin farm, it's a welsh tourist attraction. The farmer at a set time every day throws out food for the kites & they gather in large numbers. It was an amazing sight. I guess they still do it.
Yes they are.....
https://www.gigrin.uk/
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire

02-06-2021, 08:03 PM

Originally Posted by Tiffany ->
We saw them for the first time at Gigrin farm, it's a welsh tourist attraction. The farmer at a set time every day throws out food for the kites & they gather in large numbers. It was an amazing sight. I guess they still do it.
Yes they are.....
https://www.gigrin.uk/
That looks brilliant Tiff, what a magnificent and majestic bird they are... I'll have to visit the next time we visit Wales...

PS: I once helped to move friend and his wife to Lampeter and ate fish and chips at Aberaeron...

Page 2 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top