Join for free
Page 4 of 5 « First < 2 3 4 5 >
Bruce
Chatterbox
Wollongong, Australia
Bruce is male  Bruce has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-07-2021, 11:55 AM

Re: Have a Burger.....

Originally Posted by summer ->
I don't know if this is true or not I heard it from a friend and she heard it from a friend of a friend.

Anyway the story goes she ordered a chicken fillet sandwich without Mayonaise from a KFC when she got it she thought they had put Mayonaise on by mistake but it didn't taste like Mayonaise....on closer inspection it turned out to be a sack of puss leaking out of the chicken......I've never been in a KFC since hearing that....I feel ill just typing this. Yuk!!
No wonder UK chicken and chicken meat products are banned from import to Australia.
Zaphod
Lincs UK
Zaphod is male  Zaphod has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-07-2021, 01:21 PM

Originally Posted by Bruce ->
No wonder UK chicken and chicken meat products are banned from import to Australia.
It's not because we don't chlorine-wash our chicken like you Aussies do then?

Bruce
Chatterbox
Wollongong, Australia
Bruce is male  Bruce has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-07-2021, 01:18 AM

Originally Posted by Zaphod ->
It's not because we don't chlorine-wash our chicken like you Aussies do then?

Nothing to do with it. You're confused - The levels of chlorine permitted here are the same as those in potable (tap) water which are the same in the EU and UK. This is not the USA.
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire
OldGreyFox is male  OldGreyFox has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-07-2021, 10:47 AM

Originally Posted by summer ->
I don't know if this is true or not I heard it from a friend and she heard it from a friend of a friend.

Anyway the story goes she ordered a chicken fillet sandwich without Mayonaise from a KFC when she got it she thought they had put Mayonaise on by mistake but it didn't taste like Mayonaise....on closer inspection it turned out to be a sack of puss leaking out of the chicken......I've never been in a KFC since hearing that....I feel ill just typing this. Yuk!!
I bet it is right Summer, my friend went there one night on his way home from work and had a chicken burger thingy, the next day he was so ill with food poisoning he never went there again. And neither have I...
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire
OldGreyFox is male  OldGreyFox has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-07-2021, 10:50 AM

This sums it up perfectly as fas as I'm concerned too.
I couldn't tell you the last time I had a burger-place burger, but it was some time before lockdown.

The favourite in our house at the moment is a buffalo stroganoff burger from a Scottish online butcher and boy are those things gorgeous, but we don't have them very often.
Though if this weekend turns out as good weather-wise as promised . . . .
Fancy that Zaphod... I never knew they had Buffalo in Scotland.....

Seriously though..... That sounds rate tasty....
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire

17-07-2021, 10:54 AM

Originally Posted by d00d ->
It's the combo of mayo, pickle, lettuce, cheese & onion that make it! There's not a lot of meat involved. That's the difference when eating in a more upmarket joint, their burgers can be an inch thick, too much.
Don't you just love love their pickled gherkins d00d....
Having sampled quite a few Macdonalds specialities over the years, I still think the big mac is one of their finest works...
Zaphod
Lincs UK
Zaphod is male  Zaphod has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-07-2021, 03:20 PM

Originally Posted by Bruce ->
Nothing to do with it. You're confused - The levels of chlorine permitted here are the same as those in potable (tap) water which are the same in the EU and UK. This is not the USA.
I'm not confused at all cobber, even when you try evasive action.
Your Aussie chicken ain't exactly great according to this:
https://www.animalsaustralia.org/fea...omach-turn.php

BTW, that report also says: "Chicken carcasses are washed with chlorine to try to control bacteria".
It's something that we in the UK do not allow, as I'm pretty sure you know despite your failed attempt to misdirect.
Zaphod
Lincs UK

17-07-2021, 03:25 PM

Originally Posted by OldGreyFox ->
Fancy that Zaphod... I never knew they had Buffalo in Scotland.....

Seriously though..... That sounds rate tasty....
It is, and buffalo meat is a high protein low fat and hence healthier equivalent to beef which actually tastes pretty much the same as beef too.
I can personally vouch for that, and no I am not in any way connected to the farmer/supplier - but heck does it taste good.
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire

17-07-2021, 06:04 PM

It is, and buffalo meat is a high protein low fat and hence healthier equivalent to beef which actually tastes pretty much the same as beef too.
I can personally vouch for that, and no I am not in any way connected to the farmer/supplier - but heck does it taste good.
I think we've got an establishment around here that sells Buffalo meat Zaphod, I'll put it on my 'Bargain Bucket' list...
Bruce
Chatterbox
Wollongong, Australia

17-07-2021, 11:59 PM

I'm not confused at all cobber, even when you try evasive action.
Your Aussie chicken ain't exactly great according to this:
https://www.animalsaustralia.org/fea...omach-turn.php

BTW, that report also says: "Chicken carcasses are washed with chlorine to try to control bacteria".
It's something that we in the UK do not allow, as I'm pretty sure you know despite your failed attempt to misdirect.
Perhaps that is why your puss filled chicken is unsaleable Cobber?

BSE for chickens?

Page 4 of 5 « First < 2 3 4 5 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top