Join for free
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Bathsheba
Devon, UK
Bathsheba is female  Bathsheba has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-07-2021, 06:40 PM

Re: If ever you needed to warn teenagers of the dangers and term effects of drug misuse

Originally Posted by Judd ->
Having said that, the majority of smokers I've seen of late all seem to be women. Strange that.
I agree with you Judd, it does seem to be women who still smoke. You don't see many people smoking these days, but the ones I come across are nearly always women - middle aged and older.

I gave up nearly 15 years ago. I always thought I had an addictive personality and that I'd never be able to quit, but I surprised myself. I just stopped. It was so much easier than I expected - I came to realise that the hardest part was making the decision to stop. Once that was done the rest was plain sailing.

I feel desperately sorry for Daniella Westbrooke. I don't know whether she's clean now, but even if she is, and has been for some time, the damage was done a long time ago, and there's just no hiding it, poor woman.
Bathsheba
Devon, UK
Bathsheba is female  Bathsheba has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-07-2021, 06:48 PM

Re: If ever you needed to warn teenagers of the dangers and term effects of drug misuse

Originally Posted by Rhian ->
This is quite shocking so I apologise for that
But this is what poor Daniella Westbrook (formerly of Eastenders) has been reduced to.
I don't think she is even 50 yet... very early 50s if she is
She is just 47. She looks at least 15 years older. I've just read that she's 'really poorly' with Covid at the moment, despite having been double jabbed. I imagine her poor damaged body is less able to fight the virus off than many her age. I do hope she gets through it, she's been through a lot.
Bratti
Chatterbox
Canada
Bratti is female  Bratti has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-07-2021, 06:51 PM

I’m not a mom but if I was I’d have many ‘don’t use drugs’ talks with them. Not the lecture type but the ‘soft place to fall’ type in hopes that if they were ever in trouble that they’d come to me first. Having said that I’ve used drugs most of my life and have no plans to discontinue. I use cannabis. I grow my own and make my own canna products like edibles. It’s legal where I live but even before that I had a prescription. It’s my right and my choice to choose my own method of medication and after trying conventionally methods by several different doctors, I’ve come to the conclusion that it works best. I don’t however drink or do any other type of drugs.
susan m
DORSET UK
susan m is female  susan m has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-07-2021, 09:02 PM

My lovely friend S had a son who died at 29 by overdosing on drugs . He got involved around the age of 14 , sadly he was found in the public toilets in town . She had met him an hour earlier he said bye mum see you later but she never did .

She always said it would kill him but there was nothing she could do .

Very sad
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-07-2021, 09:49 PM

An interesting topic.

I have 'dabbled'. In my 20s I smoked the occasional dope, encouraged by my friends. Interestingly, I don't remember ever paying for any until one day it was suggested that I might contribute £5, which I think I did.

It was never a regular thing, though. These friends (in responsible jobs, incidentally) knew a supplier who I never remember meeting.

Then when I joined the RAF, we lost touch.

More recently, a 'family member' on Marge's side once or twice offered a drag of the same substance. Again, I was happy to try it, but again it never really had any substantial attraction to me, and certainly no control.
Yes, there was a certain 'light-headedness' and, I suppose, the only real 'addiction' was to the tobacco smoke. I continued to smoke small cigars before and after (cigarettes didn't taste nice enough) until my mid fifties.
I have now given up, of course.

No, drugs have never had a hold over me, and certainly I have never even tried 'hard' drugs. I suppose I have always been too sensible for that.

Interestingly, I could still enjoy a small cigar. That demonstrates to me that tobacco is a stronger drug than pot!
The Artful Todger
Chatterbox
Suffolk UK
The Artful Todger is male  The Artful Todger has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-07-2021, 09:56 AM

Originally Posted by JBR ->
An interesting topic.

I have 'dabbled'. In my 20s I smoked the occasional dope, encouraged by my friends. Interestingly, I don't remember ever paying for any until one day it was suggested that I might contribute £5, which I think I did.

It was never a regular thing, though. These friends (in responsible jobs, incidentally) knew a supplier who I never remember meeting.

Then when I joined the RAF, we lost touch.

More recently, a 'family member' on Marge's side once or twice offered a drag of the same substance. Again, I was happy to try it, but again it never really had any substantial attraction to me, and certainly no control.
Yes, there was a certain 'light-headedness' and, I suppose, the only real 'addiction' was to the tobacco smoke. I continued to smoke small cigars before and after (cigarettes didn't taste nice enough) until my mid fifties.
I have now given up, of course.

No, drugs have never had a hold over me, and certainly I have never even tried 'hard' drugs. I suppose I have always been too sensible for that.

Interestingly, I could still enjoy a small cigar. That demonstrates to me that tobacco is a stronger drug than pot!

Although the jury is still out the evidence is increasing that Weed is habit forming but is NOT chemically addictive whereas tobacco is. So is coffee!
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire
swimfeeders is male  swimfeeders has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-07-2021, 10:07 AM

Hi

I was recently given Diamorphine in hospital.

It is medical grade Heroin.

Great for pain relief and solved the problem, but the loss of reality was horrible.

I had two injections and the effect was almost instant.

It is a recognised and approved treatment for serious heart attacks, but I do not find it enjoyable.

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top