Join for free
Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-01-2013, 11:40 AM

Re: Flu and Bronchitis not....

Hi Merz sorry to hear you have been ill over the holiday , I hope you will be better soon . It seems to take longer to recover from things when one gets older doesn't it ...
clumsy
Chatterbox
Spain
clumsy is female  clumsy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-01-2013, 11:43 AM

Hope you are soon feeling fit and well again Merz. Here too people have been, still are, going down with some kind of heavy cold/flu type ailments, we had it a few weeks before Christmas and it really does take some shaking off. The trouble is if you go to the doctor you then wait your turn amongst others who are all coughing and sneezing so you get it again ! We of course blame it on the tourists coming over bringing it with them

Hope you are better soon.
merz
Chatterbox
Lancashire, UK
merz is female  merz has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-01-2013, 11:58 PM

Thank you all for your wishes. Each day feeling a bit better....getting bit frustrated now, want to get on and get things done, but going to take my time..no point in knocking myself back again by trying to do too much too soon!
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-01-2013, 12:01 AM

Get yourself fully fit first, Merz .... any jobs can wait a bit longer

I'm pleased to hear you are beginning to feel better...
merz
Chatterbox
Lancashire, UK
merz is female  merz has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-01-2013, 12:17 AM

Originally Posted by Mags ->
Get yourself fully fit first, Merz .... any jobs can wait a bit longer

I'm pleased to hear you are beginning to feel better...
Oh I will Mags....just keep shutting the door on the ironing etc. etc.-it will still be there tomorrow Not used to being 'shut-in', so the fresh air I'm getting is by standing at the back door-just not the same as walking through woods and round the reservoirs, but they'll still be there when I'm fighting-fit again
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-01-2013, 12:31 AM

Originally Posted by merz ->
Oh I will Mags....just keep shutting the door on the ironing etc. etc.-it will still be there tomorrow Not used to being 'shut-in', so the fresh air I'm getting is by standing at the back door-just not the same as walking through woods and round the reservoirs, but they'll still be there when I'm fighting-fit again
........ and hopefully with sunshine as well!
Jem
Chatterbox
Dublin
Jem is male  Jem has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-01-2013, 12:32 AM

Sorry to hear that Merz, thank God you're on the mend now, look after yourself and take it easy.
Uncle Joe
Chatterbox
Brighton UK
Uncle Joe is male  Uncle Joe has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-01-2013, 08:22 AM

Originally Posted by merz ->

Errrm - what's Ironing Merz darlin' () I don't do any of that and the only housework I do is to wash up my crockery, cutlery, pots and pans and wooden cooking utensils ready for the next meal.
pixie
Canada
pixie is female  pixie has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-01-2013, 07:49 PM

sounds like theres a lot of that going in the uk my 2 brothers are on storng meds also
Steve MacLellan
New Member!
Nova Scotia, Canada
Steve MacLellan is male 

15-01-2013, 04:56 PM

I know people over 50 who had the flu shot this year, but still got the flu. As a matter of fact, some of them were very sick. My sister-in-law, for example was down for two weeks with it.

There is an article I posted on my blog this morning which might help explain it:
http://50alone.com/dr-maurice-ralph-...about-vaccines

I'm not getting the flu shot next year. I'm concerned that they may be dangerous, and are actually making us sicker.

Regards,
Steve MacLellan

Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top