Join for free
Cookiecate
Chatterbox
Blackpool
Cookiecate is female  Cookiecate has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-02-2010, 06:34 PM

Chicken Biryan and a delicious Pakistani/Indian rice dish

Ok lets start this recipe thread. This is a little something I cooked for my dinner. I eat a low carb diet but rice or pasta would go very well with this or even some garlic bread.

One chicken breast per person
1/2 green pepper and 1/2 red pepper per person (chopped)
1 red onion
2 or 3 Spring onions
butter and cream cheese

Beat the chicken breast until it is flat, melt some butter into a frying pan and when it sizzles add the chopped peppers and both kinds of onion.
Sizzle for about a 2 mins then add the beaten chicken breasts cook for about five mins and then turn the breasts over for another five minutes.

Add a nice big dollop of cream cheese and allow this to melt to form a creamy sauce simmer very gently for a further five mins and serve.

I have this with cauliflower and brocolli and sometimes I add some frozen spinach which I have zapped in the microwave to the sauce.

Very satisfying. You can make this dish with low fat versions of cream cheese and butter.

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top