Join for free
shropshiregirl
Chatterbox
Shropshire
shropshiregirl is female  shropshiregirl has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-04-2017, 08:21 PM

Apple pizza

Hi everyone, Tried this recipe for tea today, It came out lovely so thought I would share it with you.

APPLE PIZZA.

Preheat Oven to 425F - 220C - Gas Mark 7.

Flour for dusting the work surface
325 grams apricot jam
127.5 grams good quality apple sauce
1 pound frozen puff pastry - Thawed.
3 Granny Smith apples - peeled and cored
5 tablespoons salted or unsalted butter - melted
3 to 4 tablespoons Icing Sugar for dusting.

On a lightly floured surface, roll out the pastry to about 12 x 10 inch rectangular shape, about an 1/8th inch thick. Prick the pastry all over with a fork. Transfer the dough to a baking sheet lined with non-stick silicone sheet.

Chill for 30 minutes.

Cut the peeled and cored apples in half and then into ½ inch vertical slices. First pour the apple sauce on and spread it all along the pastry leaving a ¼ inch border.

Lay out the apple slices in four rows making sure they tightly overlap each other.

Brush the entire top with all of the melted butter and then dust all over with the icing sugar.

Bake in the oven until golden brown, for about 25 to 30 minutes, turning it around 2/3rds of the way through.
Transfer to a wire rack.

While it is still warm, melt the Apricot jam in a small saucepan until completely melted, then sieve it through a fine mesh sieve into a bowl, then brush it all over the Apple Pizza.

Use a pizza wheel or sharp knife to cut off slices,
I served it with Caramel Ice-Cream.
Everyone thought it was delicious. Hope you enjoy if you try it for the first time.

Attached Thumbnails (Click to enlarge)
Click image for larger version

Name:	CCUQS207_apple-pizza-recipe_s4x3.jpg.rend.hgtvcom.231.174.jpeg
Views:	125
Size:	10.9 KB
ID:	2891  
Uncle Joe
Chatterbox
Brighton UK
Uncle Joe is male  Uncle Joe has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-04-2017, 12:38 PM

Re: Apple pizza

Originally Posted by shropshiregirl ->
Hi everyone, Tried this recipe for tea today, It came out lovely so thought I would share it with you.

APPLE PIZZA.

Preheat Oven to 425F - 220C - Gas Mark 7.

Flour for dusting the work surface
325 grams apricot jam
127.5 grams good quality apple sauce
1 pound frozen puff pastry - Thawed.
3 Granny Smith apples - peeled and cored
5 tablespoons salted or unsalted butter - melted
3 to 4 tablespoons Icing Sugar for dusting.

On a lightly floured surface, roll out the pastry to about 12 x 10 inch rectangular shape, about an 1/8th inch thick. Prick the pastry all over with a fork. Transfer the dough to a baking sheet lined with non-stick silicone sheet.

Chill for 30 minutes.

Cut the peeled and cored apples in half and then into ½ inch vertical slices. First pour the apple sauce on and spread it all along the pastry leaving a ¼ inch border.

Lay out the apple slices in four rows making sure they tightly overlap each other.

Brush the entire top with all of the melted butter and then dust all over with the icing sugar.

Bake in the oven until golden brown, for about 25 to 30 minutes, turning it around 2/3rds of the way through.
Transfer to a wire rack.

While it is still warm, melt the Apricot jam in a small saucepan until completely melted, then sieve it through a fine mesh sieve into a bowl, then brush it all over the Apple Pizza.

Use a pizza wheel or sharp knife to cut off slices,
I served it with Caramel Ice-Cream.
Everyone thought it was delicious. Hope you enjoy if you try it for the first time.

Slices - what's wrong with all of it???
Silver Tabby
Chatterbox
God's own county!
Silver Tabby is female  Silver Tabby has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-04-2017, 01:55 PM

Sounds delicious !
shropshiregirl
Chatterbox
Shropshire
shropshiregirl is female  shropshiregirl has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-04-2017, 04:07 PM

LOL UJ, I agree, I ended up with the smallest slice!! some greedy-guts were cutting huge slices and had my share!
Never mind, at least it got demolished!

Hi ST, it was really nice, made a change from apple pie or apple crumble. It tasted lovely and applely (I know, no such word - except in MY vocabulary!) LOL.
Moyra
South East Essex
Moyra is female  Moyra has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-04-2017, 04:13 PM

Sounds delicious - you might also want to try toasted sliced apple in the toastie maker. Just add a sprinkling of sugar to the thinly sliced apples. scrumptious. Must try your recipe.
shropshiregirl
Chatterbox
Shropshire

23-04-2017, 06:19 PM

OMG Mo, my toastie is lurking somewhere at the back of the top shelf of the kitchen cupboard somewhere. I can't remember the last time I used it. I used to love a Ham and Cheese sarnie but it used to annoy me cos the ends always remained white and I used to have to cut all around it. (it must have been the shape of the bread slice.)Great idea with the apple slices and sugar though. May just dig it out and try that x

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top