Join for free
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 > Last »
Omah
Chatterbox
Ludlow
Omah is male  Omah has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-02-2020, 11:23 AM

Channel 4's Barrymore, The Body in The Pool - 06/02/20

https://www.thesun.co.uk/news/109117...ael-barrymore/

This documentary examined the death of Stuart Lubbock, 31, whose body was found at Barrymore's £2million Essex bungalow after a party in 2001.

The TV star has continuously denied any wrongdoing - but police insist divorced dad-of-two Stuart was raped and murdered.

A 2002 inquest recorded an open verdict after failing to conclude what caused Stuart’s death.

Cops believe Stuart was assaulted then either died in the hot tub or went unconscious and was dumped in the pool to make it look like drowning.

Despite several arrests, no criminal charges have been brought over the death due to lack of evidence.

A swimming pool thermometer from the hot tub — which could have been used in a sexual assault on the victim — later went missing.

A broken shed handle, seen by officers, also disappeared and was not found in any bins at the property in Roydon.

Cops said the brutality of the sex assault would match one or both of the objects.

Barrymore left the scene of the crime before the police arrived. Barrymore’s then-PA Michael Browne was called to the house and other unnamed men “close to Barrymore” were also allowed in — giving the perfect opportunity to clean up the scene.
Barrymore persists in his strategy of evasion and lies. Of the other seven people at the party, none, apparently, saw Stuart being violently anally penetrated with a sharp object.

Stuart's father and brother have years of pain etched on their faces, knowing that one or more of eight people at that party tortured and murdered Stuart but being unable to prove it.

So sad .....

Police investigations are still proceeding, apparently, but with little hope of imminent success.
John
Eastleigh Hampshire
John is male  John has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-02-2020, 06:36 PM

Re: Channel 4's Barrymore, The Body in The Pool - 06/02/20

I have taped that programme, give my thoughts on it later.
susan m
DORSET UK
susan m is female  susan m has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-02-2020, 06:44 PM

Barrymore later came out with saying Stuart's body had been abused at the hospital mortuary. Can you believe that !

That young lad like any young person went back to the house for a party expecting to have a hangover the next day

Barrymore, I believe not a nice person . We will never know what he or they did to Stuart that night but its definite the lad was forced .

An interview with Bashire on TV was shocking , the body language of Barrymore a joke . Someone in that house knows who did what .
John
Eastleigh Hampshire
John is male  John has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-02-2020, 12:06 AM

I've just watched it, and it was shameful how Barrymore and the rest, denied any knowledge of Stuart's death. How it was suggested that the horrific anal injuries were caused at the hospital or mortuary, beggars belief. You get the awful feeling this case will never be solved, as the culprits have all closed ranks. Terry, Stuart's father, and his brother, both looked broken by the whole business, it was incredibly painful to watch. Barrymore keeps trying, without any shame, to get back on mainstream television, recently on Dancing on Ice. Thankfully, he fell and broke his wrist, and had to pull out. Pity, it was'nt his bloody neck!!
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-02-2020, 12:12 AM

Originally Posted by susan m ->
Barrymore later came out with saying Stuart's body had been abused at the hospital mortuary. Can you believe that !

That young lad like any young person went back to the house for a party expecting to have a hangover the next day

Barrymore, I believe not a nice person . We will never know what he or they did to Stuart that night but its definite the lad was forced .

An interview with Bashire on TV was shocking , the body language of Barrymore a joke . Someone in that house knows who did what .

I agree with everything you've said, Susan.

And like others said, why did he pack a bag and leg it sharpish?

I don't like the man, and never have, regardless of all this.
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-02-2020, 12:17 AM

Originally Posted by John ->
I've just watched it, and it was shameful how Barrymore and the rest, denied any knowledge of Stuart's death. How it was suggested that the horrific anal injuries were caused at the hospital or mortuary, beggars belief. You get the awful feeling this case will never be solved, as the culprits have all closed ranks. Terry, Stuart's father, and his brother, both looked broken by the whole business, it was incredibly painful to watch. Barrymore keeps trying, without any shame, to get back on mainstream television, recently on Dancing on Ice. Thankfully, he fell and broke his wrist, and had to pull out. Pity, it was'nt his bloody neck!!

Yes, I thought the same about him keep trying to get back in public favour, John.
A man like that needs to be adored all the time. He needs an audience.

Didn't Piers Morgan interview him recently, too?
Omah
Chatterbox
Ludlow
Omah is male  Omah has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-02-2020, 02:19 AM

Originally Posted by Mups ->
Didn't Piers Morgan interview him recently, too?
Apparently ..... Barrymore is still (5/2/20) using that as part of his "honesty" tactic:

Barrymore, 67, yesterday broke his silence to claim he has been "bashed and bullied" over the death.

Speaking in a video posted in Twitter yesterday, Barrymore said: "Channel 4 are refusing to show it to me or tell me what it is about.

"Anyone who wants to get to the truth of the matter should watch the ITV interview I did last year with Piers Morgan. He went into everything and left no stone unturned.

"The truth is, I have always done everything asked of me and I've co-operated with everyone.
"Essex Police's own QC has said that 'we know that Mr Barrymore has nothing to do with this and that there is no evidence linking him to the injuries on Mr Lubbock or the pool.

"I have had nothing to do with this whatsoever and yet I keep getting bashed and bullied by the media."
Just lying through his teeth .....
susan m
DORSET UK
susan m is female  susan m has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-02-2020, 08:49 AM

He personally may not have committed the assult on Stuart , he may not have been the vile being that forced that young lad to be raped and abused but he will definately know which of those other evil people did and it wasnt just one . With the injuries the lad had he would have been held by another thats for sure .

How can it be allowed these vile people can walk around and live their lifes and Stuart has no justice . Each should be locked up until they tell who the guilty are
caricature
Devon,England.
caricature is male  caricature has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-02-2020, 10:07 AM

I guess none of us can say who we think done it for libel reasons,but all 8 are under suspicion,so its not illegal to say it could be Barrymore.He went to court suing the Essex police for wrongful arrest and received a £1,make of that what you will.
https://www.essexlive.news/news/esse...rdered-3808281

DCI Jennings said: "I make this clear, I believe that Stuart was raped and murdered that night. I also believe that no one climbed that fence and caused those injuries so, as I say, one or more of those individuals, those party-goers are responsible for that serious sexual assault on Stuart that night.
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire

08-02-2020, 10:39 AM

And what about the police blunder of missing items then?

Quote from Caricature's link:

" DCI Jennings explained that the scene had been secured "but not to the standard we would expect."

He also spoke about two key items of possible forensic interest that disappeared from the crime scene.

A pool thermometer and a handle from an outhouse both found near the Jacuzzi went missing from the scene.

He said: "They have never been recovered and I am really, really interested to find out what happened to them."

Unquote

This was a murder scene for heaven's sake, why wasn't proper care taken in sealing the area off?

As Susan said, it may well not have been Barrymore himself who was guilty, but he knows more than he is saying and should be made to give evidence.

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top