Join for free
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 > Last »
Pixie Knuckles
Chatterbox
Scotland, UK
Pixie Knuckles is female  Pixie Knuckles has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-02-2021, 06:34 PM

When's Dinner, I'm starving!

I'm curious as to when you eat the main meal of the day. We have moved ours from the usual time of around 5 or 6pm, to 3 - 4pm.

We thought of doing this for health reasons, and because Mr P generally goes for a 6 or 7 mile walk at nights, after dinner.

I know a few people who have dinner really late on - say 7 or 8pm. I don't know how they can go to bed without getting indigestion - but it suits some folk to eat that late.

So, I'm curious as to what time you all have dinner. Or tea, however you say it. Or is your main meal first thing in the morning, and you eat less during the day?
carol
Chatterbox
Derbyshire.
carol is female  carol has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-02-2021, 06:44 PM

Re: When's Dinner, I'm starving!

Mines cooking away now in the slow cooker. Pork chops to be served with roasties, stuffing, veg etc.

We will have it round about 7.00pm.

We like to eat with a tray on our lap watching TV.
pauline3
Chatterbox
Hampshire UK
pauline3 is female  pauline3 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-02-2021, 06:45 PM

Pixie, I eat very late, main meal at 22.00 pm...that is the only meal I have, porridge for breakfast.

I have to stay a certain weight ,or I freak out.
Pixie Knuckles
Chatterbox
Scotland, UK
Pixie Knuckles is female  Pixie Knuckles has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-02-2021, 06:46 PM

Originally Posted by pauline3 ->
Pixie, I eat very late, main meal at 22.00 pm...that is the only meal I have, porridge for breakfast.

Pauline, how do you keep going through the day??
pauline3
Chatterbox
Hampshire UK
pauline3 is female  pauline3 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-02-2021, 06:47 PM

Originally Posted by carol ->
Mines cooking away now in the slow cooker. Pork chops to be served with roasties, stuffing, veg etc.

I do that in my bed,Carol, on a tray.
Pixie Knuckles
Chatterbox
Scotland, UK

11-02-2021, 06:48 PM

Yes, we eat watching TV too. There's a cosiness to it that I like. Besides the kitchen is an office right now, so no chance of clearing it to set the table!
pauline3
Chatterbox
Hampshire UK

11-02-2021, 06:49 PM

Originally Posted by Pixie Knuckles ->

Pauline, how do you keep going through the day??

I drink quite a bit, I think my body is used to it now,Pixie,
carol
Chatterbox
Derbyshire.
carol is female  carol has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-02-2021, 06:57 PM

Originally Posted by pauline3 ->
I do that in my bed,Carol, on a tray.

Do you get out of bed to do the dishes Pauline or leave it till morning?
pauline3
Chatterbox
Hampshire UK

11-02-2021, 07:05 PM

Do you get out of bed to do the dishes Pauline or leave it till morning?
My dishes, must be washed up, before I go to bed, I can’t stand getting up to dishes in the morning, I also wash up as I go, I don’t have a dishwasher either.

My son also eats his evening meal in his bed as well,I know it wouldn’t suit everyone, but it suits us,
Tiffany
Chatterbox
Devon
Tiffany is female  Tiffany has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-02-2021, 07:27 PM

Son & I, if he isn't working late, eat our evening meal around 5.30/6 p.m. If he's working we do our own thing. I still eat around 6 & he eats after work usually nearer 9. I can't eat late, I suffer if I do.

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top