Join for free
Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >
Pixie Knuckles
Chatterbox
Scotland, UK
Pixie Knuckles is female  Pixie Knuckles has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-03-2021, 11:33 AM

Re: Ladies how do you clean your face?

Gentle soap, warm water, moisturiser. Good to go. I did use micellar water for a while just because my daughter mentioned it and it was on sale. Its a cleanser that did the job I suppose. Nothing special about it - but then I don't wear make up so don't really need special cleaning stuff.
Minx
Chatterbox
South Africa
Minx is female  Minx has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-03-2021, 01:17 PM

Originally Posted by Zuleika ->
Still using soap and water ? One of those foam cleansers maybe ?
Not a face washer ? Cleanser out of a bottle ? Then what to follow? I mean you can’t leave your face greasy?

The beauty regime can never cease .
I’ve been doing it since my early teens but never stuck to the same method . Have you?
So, I use an old fashioned cold cream to remove make-up. Then a form cleanser. A light toner and a moisturiser during the day and a rich night cream at night with an eye cream.

Sunday’s is a quick face, neck and chest area steam, and an egg white mask (do not beat the egg white) just lather it on your face, neck AND chest area then let it it dry - 45minutes.
I have zero wrinkles and you’ll know why when you try this! You’ve only got one face! Don’t buy all those expensive fancy masks - this is best thing in the world! My mum put all my sisters on this routine at age 14. It’s a weekly ritual.
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-03-2021, 01:18 PM

Originally Posted by Pixie Knuckles ->
Gentle soap, warm water, moisturiser. Good to go. I did use micellar water for a while just because my daughter mentioned it and it was on sale. Its a cleanser that did the job I suppose. Nothing special about it - but then I don't wear make up so don't really need special cleaning stuff.

Same here Pixie.
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-03-2021, 01:26 PM

Warm water and moisturiser, I prefer the natural look at my age!
Zuleika
North West UK
Zuleika is female  Zuleika has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-03-2021, 01:41 PM

Good to read posts this morning ,I remember Pond’s cold cream and my mother using Anne French milk .
I was thinking about going back to soap and water.. but which soap .... followed by ...yes Art ...toner .
Somehow I’ve got into thinking using products like cleansing cream ...I use L’Oreal for mature skin daily , builds up and a deep cleanse is necessary .
What do others think ?
I was looking at some goat’s milk soap online last night .
Then Clinique products , Liz Hurley swears by them and look at her !
AnnieS
Chatterbox
United Kingdom
AnnieS is female  AnnieS has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-03-2021, 10:59 PM

Originally Posted by Minx ->

Sunday’s is a quick face, neck and chest area steam, and an egg white mask (do not beat the egg white) just lather it on your face, neck AND chest area then let it it dry - 45minutes.
I have zero wrinkles and you’ll know why when you try this! You’ve only got one face! Don’t buy all those expensive fancy masks - this is best thing in the world! My mum put all my sisters on this routine at age 14. It’s a weekly ritual.
That just makes me think of the hairgel moment in there's something about Mary....
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-03-2021, 12:38 PM

Originally Posted by Zuleika ->
Good to read posts this morning ,I remember Pond’s cold cream and my mother using Anne French milk .
I was thinking about going back to soap and water.. but which soap .... followed by ...yes Art ...toner .
Somehow I’ve got into thinking using products like cleansing cream ...I use L’Oreal for mature skin daily , builds up and a deep cleanse is necessary .
What do others think ?
I was looking at some goat’s milk soap online last night .
Then Clinique products , Liz Hurley swears by them and look at her !

Ah, but Liz Hurley probably gets paid an awful lot of money to praise Clinique products.
Artangel
Chatterbox
UK
Artangel is female  Artangel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-03-2021, 11:35 PM

When l was in my late teens, l remember making a face pack with porridge oats!

The other pack pack l used to make was Fullers Earth mixed with Witch Hazel!

The things we used to do, to get nice skin!
Ambre
N/A
Ambre is female  Ambre has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-03-2021, 09:54 AM

Porridge oats make a great exfoliator once or twice a week, mix with a little water and gently massage your face after cleansing, rinse well and apply moisturiser or face cream
Artangel
Chatterbox
UK
Artangel is female  Artangel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-03-2021, 07:00 PM

Originally Posted by Ambre ->
Porridge oats make a great exfoliator once or twice a week, mix with a little water and gently massage your face after cleansing, rinse well and apply moisturiser or face cream

Ambre, The drawback was, my brother used to threaten to tell my boyfriends that l put porridge on my face if l didn’t lend him my car!!
I used to hand my car keys over, l couldn’t have my street cred damaged!!

Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top