Join for free
Page 3 of 14 < 1 2 3 4 5 13 > Last »
Last Tango
North Ayrshire, Scotland
Last Tango is female  Last Tango has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-04-2021, 01:14 PM

Re: Remainers

We are all Leavers now, we have left.
It is up to all of us to make the best of leaving and work together.

EXACTLY!
Takahashi
United Kingdom
Takahashi is male  Takahashi has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-04-2021, 04:06 PM

Originally Posted by Donkeyman ->
Well if you don't mind me putting my 'apporth'in Takahashi ?
The fishing arrangements leave a lot to be desired imo ??
And any potential benefits to us,run a high risk of being lost in the
mists of time ??

Donkeyman! 👎🤔🤔👎
I agree. The fishing industry has not got what it wanted from Brexit and, hopefully, that is something that can be fixed in the fullness of time. But what was agreed over fishing is only part of the whole agreement.

One thing is certain and that is that tweaks will continually have to be made to ensure the future arrangement will run smoothly. Take the NI Protocol for example; if Unionists kick off big time over this then changes will have to be made. Frost is currently in talks about this particular problem. Unfortunately, the EU are determined to demonstrate Brexit will not work. They are being extremely petty over certain aspects like obstructing the flow of goods where forms have been completed using different colour ink. Childish or what?

I don't much like what happened to the fishing industry and neither do I care for a border down the Irish Sea. Having said that, I am happy we are out of the SM/CU and free of any influence of the ECJ.

I responded to Numbers because I was interested to know why he said UK got a bad deal. Maybe he knows something we don't?
Takahashi
United Kingdom
Takahashi is male  Takahashi has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-04-2021, 04:15 PM

This is the sort of nonsense which has to stop.

https://www.theguardian.com/politics...r-court-ruling
Germany
7779311 is male  7779311 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-04-2021, 04:27 PM

Originally Posted by Takahashi ->
... They are being extremely petty over certain aspects like obstructing the flow of goods where forms have been completed using different colour ink. Childish or what?

I don't much like what happened to the fishing industry and neither do I

I responded to Numbers because I was interested to know why he said UK got a bad deal. Maybe he knows something we don't?
Hi Letters,

Concerning your question about the TCA: I did *not* read the entire 1200+ pages and I do not know enything which you cannot know as well. I guess that two prominent examples are fishing (so important for UK) and the absence of most services in the TCA.

As far as I know it is not "the EU" to decide ink colors but it is the member countries themselves. I do not *know* why those color decisions were made (and I guess you do neither) and my suspection does not mean much. Probably I guess it is a precaution to prevent unreadable colors or whatever. Do you know more? Who wants which colors and which colors ar banned?

Anyway I am with you all and truly respect your wish to fully leave the EU: to get a clean and complete cut with the EU the TCA must not be ratified.

And by the way, I have read so many Brexiteer posts about the near end of the EU and the Euro currency that I think the UK should really not be bothered about the EU. Brexit is working out fine, so celebrate your success!
Germany
7779311 is male  7779311 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-04-2021, 04:44 PM

OMG, if this is true and the detention of those poor ponies is down to ink colour, then this has really to be sorted out quickly!
I don't know wether the regulations for importing/exporting are easy enough to be found and downloaded but full Brexit is 4 month ago. There was enough time to sort that out, on both sides.
Was any effort taken?
Solasch
Chatterbox
Netherlands
Solasch is male  Solasch has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-04-2021, 04:45 PM

This rule applies to all third countries. Remember, the rule was written with the UK still a member. It was notably the UK that pushed for this rule to be accepted.
It is just another bit of brexit biting you in the but.
Zaphod
Lincs UK
Zaphod is male  Zaphod has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-04-2021, 04:56 PM

Originally Posted by Solasch ->
This rule applies to all third countries. Remember, the rule was written with the UK still a member. It was notably the UK that pushed for this rule to be accepted.
It is just another bit of brexit biting you in the but.
Come now Solly, we all know that it's your beloved EU weaponising the GFA that has led to such things.
What's more (and better) is that it didn't work.
Obviously.
Hence us largely ignoring the bits that have any effect.
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-04-2021, 05:00 PM

Originally Posted by Donkeyman ->
Oh, there were SOME JBR !
But they merged with their background in the interests of party
unity and personal political survival !!
BRINO has become their new mantra !
Have you ever seen or heard Lord Frost voice a public or personal
opinion on Brexit ??
I never have !! EVER!!
Strange, don't you think ?? Considering he is our chief brexit
negotiator !!
Yes, I'm sure you're right.
I think that, like most politicians, they try to keep everyone happy by agreeing with both sides of the argument - on the grounds that that will gain them more votes!
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-04-2021, 05:03 PM

Originally Posted by Cinderella ->
China.

https://www.theguardian.com/world/20...pend-its-money

Energy

Industry

Transport
Indeed, but I suppose that one could look on that in two opposite ways.

Are they supporting our country, or buying it up?
Solasch
Chatterbox
Netherlands
Solasch is male  Solasch has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-04-2021, 08:49 PM

Originally Posted by Zaphod ->
Come now Solly, we all know that it's your beloved EU weaponising the GFA that has led to such things.
What's more (and better) is that it didn't work.
Obviously.
Hence us largely ignoring the bits that have any effect.
It just touches on the core of the matter. British thinking they are better, more special, than others. It will take time, but you will learn your place.

In secrecy boris is implementing the NI protocol.
UK ‘throwing kitchen sink’ at making N Ireland Brexit deal work
https://www.ft.com/content/ce89dea5-...9-5ea7321e7494
Trade groups say efforts*say stepped up to implement the protocol despite Johnson’s claims

Page 3 of 14 < 1 2 3 4 5 13 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top