Join for free
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire
OldGreyFox is male  OldGreyFox has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-05-2021, 03:53 PM

Roberts Rambles Number 1

Still not being able to run ( It must be worse than I thought) and It will be five weeks on Thursday since I had a proper run and it’s making me grumpy....So I’ve been filling in the gaps on run days with long walks. I’ve been doing 8 miles and that’s actually more miles in a week than I did when I was running...

The sun was streaming through the window at around ten this morning, but it was still a bit cool, I set the GPS and off I went, along the path down the side of the field, which was strangely dry considering the amount of rain we have had recently, and through the woods. All the Bluebells had bloomed since I was here last, and it made a good canvas for my first photo.....

I joined the busy A18 main road from Doncaster to Hatfield until a right turn branched off into Woodhouse Lane. There’s no footpath down this half mile stretch, so I jogged to get it over with as soon as possible. It made my buttock ache, but it soon went off once I started walking again.

I had to take this shot from the M18 motorway bridge, I had covered just over 4 miles here.....

By now the thin jacket and gloves had come off. I hate walking with cold hands, and it seems to get worse the older I get. It wasn’t long before the jumper came off also, the odd bit of jogging and the frequent sunny spells was making me overheat. I soon reached the start of the lane that would take me all the way home. It was very still and peaceful on the lane, but the flies I met while passing the woods were a pain, so I jogged this bit too until I had shaken them off.....

There was a strange atmosphere as I walked the last mile home, the sort of feeling you get before a storm. I was lucky really, it stayed fine all the way round, but dark clouds gathered about an hour ago and now as I sit writing this, the heavens have opened and thunder rumbles around the village.
I seem to have had the best bit of the day.....

Attached Thumbnails (Click to enlarge)
Click image for larger version

Name:	01.jpg
Views:	506
Size:	88.7 KB
ID:	15484   Click image for larger version

Name:	02.jpg
Views:	502
Size:	32.7 KB
ID:	15485   Click image for larger version

Name:	03.jpg
Views:	504
Size:	43.9 KB
ID:	15486   Click image for larger version

Name:	04.jpg
Views:	497
Size:	64.2 KB
ID:	15487   Click image for larger version

Name:	05.jpg
Views:	501
Size:	45.8 KB
ID:	15488  

Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-05-2021, 04:04 PM

Re: Roberts Rambles Number 1

Bob we are so fortunate in living in a country with woods filled with bluebells , I hope you paused there for a while to take in a the calmness.....
Lion Queen
Chatterbox
UK
Lion Queen is female  Lion Queen has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-05-2021, 04:24 PM

I think I'll go walking with you tomorrow, you'd make a good motivator for me, I need a swift kick up me bum, you made me feel guilty so thank you Robert sexy foxy legs
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire
OldGreyFox is male  OldGreyFox has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-05-2021, 04:45 PM

Originally Posted by Meg ->
Bob we are so fortunate in living in a country with woods filled with bluebells , I hope you paused there for a while to take in a the calmness.....
I did Meg, it certainly helps you put things into perspective...
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire

11-05-2021, 04:47 PM

Originally Posted by Lion Queen ->
I think I'll go walking with you tomorrow, you'd make a good motivator for me, I need a swift kick up me bum, you made me feel guilty so thank you Robert sexy foxy legs
We could start a OFF walking club Lion Queen....
Cinderella
Chatterbox
East Anglia, UK
Cinderella is female  Cinderella has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-05-2021, 05:41 PM

Would have made it to the woods and stayed put, delightful place to commune with nature.

Well done.
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-05-2021, 05:51 PM

Love the title of your thread Bob, will look forward to you future Rambles.

Beautiful countryside around your area, the bluebell woods are stunning....
Zaphod
Lincs UK
Zaphod is male  Zaphod has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-05-2021, 05:51 PM

What lovely views Bob.
Unfortunately I have nothing quite so pleasing on my walks ...... until I'm capable of ramping up the distance to make it a walk up the beach at least.

Any way, well done and I will keep suitable appendages crossed for your return to running.
Surfermom
Chatterbox
United States
Surfermom is female  Surfermom has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-05-2021, 07:36 PM

That is one fine outing, OGF! Leave it to you to keep the distance despite having to go it slow for a time. The mental exercise is as important as the physical and it looks like you have the proper stimulation for just that!

It is a treat to see the bluebells. We have a few species here in the US; Texas is particularly proud of there, though I don't see many growing wild in my part of Florida.

Cold hands? The worst. I realize moving hands in cold air makes then cold, but you would think that with the heart going during cardiovascular exercise, there would be plenty of blood to the appendages. It's a mystery!

Nicely done, and most appreciated that you take the time to share the photos. It's a visual-vacation!
Omah
Chatterbox
Ludlow
Omah is male  Omah has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-05-2021, 07:43 PM

What happened to "stepping back" .....

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top