Join for free
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
carol
Chatterbox
Derbyshire.
carol is female  carol has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-05-2021, 09:45 AM

Holiday Plans.

All my kids are off on holiday next week either in hotels or with their touring caravans.

Tony & Me - nothing & nowhere.

We gave up our passports a few years ago & are quite happy to holiday in the UK.

I was looking to go on a short cruise of the British Isles in July but when I found one I liked the sound of, I was puzzled because it said things like "Today we see the ?" or " Today we cruise past the ?" I emailed Fred Olsen & they confirmed the ship sails by landmarks but you never get to go ashore!!

5 days stuck on the boat - No thank you!!

Coach trips we also like but I couldn't stand to be sitting on a coach for several hours wearing a mask.

I would really love a holiday.

Feeling a bit sorry for myself.

What are your holiday plans?(if any)

Edit: We do have the car to go away in but since Tony had to give up his license due to Alzheimer's I am the only driver & not at all keen on driving a long distance..
Pixie Knuckles
Chatterbox
Scotland, UK
Pixie Knuckles is female  Pixie Knuckles has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-05-2021, 09:50 AM

Re: Holiday Plans.

Aww Carol! Come to Scotland, there's always plenty to do up here. Bring a brolly along with sunglasses though

No plans for us, just day trips here and there to a couple of islands. Neither of us are confident yet about staying overnight anywhere, so that's the plan for this year.
carol
Chatterbox
Derbyshire.
carol is female  carol has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-05-2021, 09:57 AM

Originally Posted by Pixie Knuckles ->
Aww Carol! Come to Scotland, there's always plenty to do up here. Bring a brolly along with sunglasses though
I would love to Pixie but I couldn't do a long drive like that. How would I get there? I have a dislike of wearing face masks for a long journey & I would have to if I used any other means of transport other than my own car...
Kazz
West Mids
Kazz is female  Kazz has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-05-2021, 11:08 AM

Originally Posted by carol ->
All my kids are off on holiday next week either in hotels or with their touring caravans.

Tony & Me - nothing & nowhere.

We gave up our passports a few years ago & are quite happy to holiday in the UK.

I was looking to go on a short cruise of the British Isles in July but when I found one I liked the sound of, I was puzzled because it said things like "Today we see the ?" or " Today we cruise past the ?" I emailed Fred Olsen & they confirmed the ship sails by landmarks but you never get to go ashore!!

5 days stuck on the boat - No thank you!!

Coach trips we also like but I couldn't stand to be sitting on a coach for several hours wearing a mask.

I would really love a holiday.

Feeling a bit sorry for myself.

What are your holiday plans?(if any)

Edit: We do have the car to go away in but since Tony had to give up his license due to Alzheimer's I am the only driver & not at all keen on driving a long distance..
Have you considered a UK river cruise?
Ullabi
Ullabi is female 

29-05-2021, 12:18 PM

No plans for any holidays abroad this year or next. Directly after our Midsummer celebrations in June My girlfriend and I are thinking of taking my two oldest grandsons for a few days to the islands of Åland which lie in the Baltic Sea halfway between Sweden and Finland. Other than that the two of us may just take a couple of short breaks in Seeden. I have a load of bonus poknts on my credit card that I can exchange for hotel nights.
carol
Chatterbox
Derbyshire.

29-05-2021, 12:50 PM

Originally Posted by Kazz ->
Have you considered a UK river cruise?
Sounds good. It's worth looking into.
Twink55
Chatterbox
Cheshire, England
Twink55 is female  Twink55 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-05-2021, 12:53 PM

Carol I always see a holiday as being somewhere other than home, but that doesn't mean you have to go far. Why not find some suitable accommodation, in a pleasant area that you would be able to drive to & explore the shops and places that may interest you and Tony...... I am sure he wouldn't mind a different pub for lunch, if they were open.
Look on the internet for places withing a 50 mile radius of home & find out what you could do & see there. Just make sure you have cover for car breakdown so you and Tony can just enjoy a break in a different place to home.
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-05-2021, 01:09 PM

We have a self contained apartment in Devon booked for July, it was cancelled last year and held over for us this year with no increase. Hopefully we may be able to go there this year as long as there is no further lockdown.
Silver Tabby
Chatterbox
God's own county!
Silver Tabby is female  Silver Tabby has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-05-2021, 02:50 PM

Originally Posted by carol ->
I would love to Pixie but I couldn't do a long drive like that. How would I get there? I have a dislike of wearing face masks for a long journey & I would have to if I used any other means of transport other than my own car...
What about trains, Carol? Would you still need a mask if you left it to July or August? I have lost track of the C19 rules - they seem to change so often.
Primus1
York
Primus1 is male  Primus1 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-05-2021, 04:23 PM

Off to Devon in June , the holiday we couldn’t take last year…

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top