Join for free
Bread
Chatterbox
Sudbury, United Kingdom
Bread is male  Bread has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-06-2021, 07:29 AM

EU Food Standards

The EU food standards need to be reconsidered.

https://amp.theguardian.com/world/20...mpression=true
Judd
Chatterbox
West Riding of Yorkshire
Judd is male  Judd has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-06-2021, 07:56 PM

Re: EU Food Standards

Typical - putting profit before health issues. They can't compete on the world stage, so they want to cut corners and potentially put lives at risk. What were the Remoaners saying about chlorinated chicken?

Sorry Bread. As an aside, and I don't want to disrupt your thread, but I saw this at the bottom of the article and damn near soiled myself...

"… we have a small favour to ask. Since we started publishing 200 years ago, tens of millions have placed their trust in the Guardian’s high-impact journalism, turning to us in moments of crisis, uncertainty, solidarity and hope. More than 1.5 million readers in 180 countries have recently taken the step to support us financially – keeping us open to all and fiercely independent.

With no shareholders or billionaire owner, we can set our own agenda and provide trustworthy journalism that’s free from commercial and political influence"

Funniest thing I've read in ages.

Percy Vere
Wilds and woolly wastes of Staffordshire, UK
Percy Vere is male  Percy Vere has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-06-2021, 03:51 PM

Originally Posted by Judd ->
Typical - putting profit before health issues. They can't compete on the world stage, so they want to cut corners and potentially put lives at risk. What were the Remoaners saying about chlorinated chicken?

Sorry Bread. As an aside, and I don't want to disrupt your thread, but I saw this at the bottom of the article and damn near soiled myself...

"… we have a small favour to ask. Since we started publishing 200 years ago, tens of millions have placed their trust in the Guardian’s high-impact journalism, turning to us in moments of crisis, uncertainty, solidarity and hope. More than 1.5 million readers in 180 countries have recently taken the step to support us financially – keeping us open to all and fiercely independent.

With no shareholders or billionaire owner, we can set our own agenda and provide trustworthy journalism that’s free from commercial and political influence"

Funniest thing I've read in ages.

I really couldn't believe my eyes when I read that comment about being trustworthy and free of political influence.
Bread
Chatterbox
Sudbury, United Kingdom
Bread is male  Bread has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-06-2021, 05:55 PM

The EU are diverging from UK food standards. Regulatory alignment is no longer possible.
Barry
Chatterbox
North Notts
Barry is male  Barry has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-06-2021, 06:02 PM

They have no cause to accuse other countries of low standards, have you seen some of the markets in France and Spain?

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top