Join for free
Omah
Chatterbox
Ludlow
Omah is male  Omah has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-07-2021, 05:53 PM

England plans biggest winter flu vaccine rollout

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/health-57867955

Free flu vaccines will be offered this winter to children aged two to 16 in England, as well as people aged 50 and over or in "at-risk" groups, amid the double threat of Covid and influenza.

Experts hope for a record-breaking rollout reaching more than 35 million people, including more teenagers than ever before. Under-16s will be offered the vaccine in nasal spray rather than as a jab.

An expanded secondary school programme means, for the first time, pupils up to Year 11 (aged 11 to 16) will be invited, not just those in their first academic year - Year 7 - like last winter.

When the programme begins in September, the flu vaccine will be available for free on the NHS to:
  • all children aged two and three on 31 August 2021
  • all children in primary school and all secondary school pupils aged 11 to 16
  • those aged six months to under 50 years in clinical risk groups
  • pregnant women
  • those aged 50 years and over
  • unpaid carers
  • close contacts of people with weak immune systems (immunocompromised individuals)
  • front-line health and adult social care staff

People who are not in these groups will be able to pay for a flu vaccine at some supermarkets and High Street chemists, once available.

Flu levels were lower than expected across the world last winter, which experts attribute to infection control measures introduced to stop Covid, such as mask wearing, social distancing and lockdowns.

It is not clear what this winter may hold for flu and Covid.
Well, I'm up for it .....
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-07-2021, 11:06 PM

Re: England plans biggest winter flu vaccine rollout

I normally get mine free around here and always take them up on it.
Percy Vere
Wilds and woolly wastes of Staffordshire, UK
Percy Vere is male  Percy Vere has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-07-2021, 04:52 PM

Originally Posted by Longdogs ->
I normally get mine free around here and always take them up on it.
So do we.
Chillie6
Bristol UK
Chillie6 is male  Chillie6 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-07-2021, 04:55 PM

Me too through Lloyds the chemists

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top