Join for free
Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 > Last »
DianneWoollie
Deux Sevres. S W France
DianneWoollie is female  DianneWoollie has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-07-2021, 10:48 AM

Disc Golf

Disk Golf has not been around for that long in the UK, know of the Mendip Activity Centre has a very watered down version of Disk Golf. But good as a try out... Also has loads of other activities.

Manchester one looks good..

https://manchesterdiscgolf.co.uk/what-is-disc-golf

It has become very popular in France, obviously not on the same scale as the USA where it is a huge sport..Need to be ok with a frisbee to start off....enthusiasm of course, that is all...well I am ok with a frisbee, but long way to go, just good to take in what is around as a alternative to football and such...Netball really enjoyed that..Football just does not rock my boat at all...

http://discgolfaquitaine.free.fr
Silver Tabby
Chatterbox
God's own county!
Silver Tabby is female  Silver Tabby has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-07-2021, 11:38 AM

Re: Disc Golf

LOL - think I'll give that one a miss, Dianne.
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-07-2021, 12:17 PM

Imagine having a nice leisurely stroll through the park when suddenly some bloody garlic muncher jumps out of the bushes and hurls a frisbee at you.
DianneWoollie
Deux Sevres. S W France
DianneWoollie is female  DianneWoollie has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-07-2021, 01:06 PM

Originally Posted by Longdogs ->
Imagine having a nice leisurely stroll through the park when suddenly some bloody garlic muncher jumps out of the bushes and hurls a frisbee at you.
They are designated places. silly billy..

Imagine how we felt strolling through (the new country park now)
the fields,woods and over little streams and out from hell was a load of hunters shooting birds, shooting anything that moves..feet away at times from the public..Of course it eventually had to stop as more and more people used the area....just you saying about the frisbee scare...brought that to my thoughts... brain of an elephant

never liked it when people done it on the beach either..always goona upset somebody if a frisbie lands, at you...
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-07-2021, 02:01 PM

Originally Posted by DianneWoollie ->
They are designated places. silly billy..

Imagine how we felt strolling through (the new country park now)
the fields,woods and over little streams and out from hell was a load of hunters shooting birds, shooting anything that moves..feet away at times from the public..Of course it eventually had to stop as more and more people used the area....just you saying about the frisbee scare...brought that to my thoughts... brain of an elephant

never liked it when people done it on the beach either..always goona upset somebody if a frisbie lands, at you...

I used to love playing frisbee on the beach although I was only eight.
Silver Tabby
Chatterbox
God's own county!
Silver Tabby is female  Silver Tabby has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-07-2021, 04:41 PM

Originally Posted by Longdogs ->
I would have known it was you - so it would not have scared me!
Danny
Denver, CO
Danny is male  Danny has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-07-2021, 07:24 PM

Only time I care for frisbees is when dogs are catching them. That's at least entertaining.
DianneWoollie
Deux Sevres. S W France

16-07-2021, 08:36 PM

Originally Posted by Danny ->
Only time I care for frisbees is when dogs are catching them. That's at least entertaining.
Danny that is fine. I would be bored to tears playing frisbee with any animal..

It is having different hobbies that make's the world go around.

Some people like watching paint dry, actually..

that's at least entertaining, for some also....
Plankton
United States
Plankton is male 

21-07-2021, 08:19 PM

Calling them "Frisbee's" is the usual response. A Disc Golf disc is a different animal all together, which is just a small portion of it all. There's drivers, mid-range's, and putters. All different weights, profiles, and materials and the mechanics behind it can be very hard to master. Instead of knocking it, try to understand it a little better:

https://www.pdga.com/news/what-disc-...e-parents-kids

Garlic muncher... lol
Plankton
United States
Plankton is male 

21-07-2021, 08:38 PM

Another good explanation here:

Disc Golf Discs vs Frisbees: What’s the Difference?

Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top