Join for free
Page 1 of 11 1 2 3 > Last »
Janela
Fondly Remembered
Essex UK
Janela is female  Janela has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-09-2012, 10:27 AM

Mammogramme

I have to go for a mammogram today. I'm hoping it will be my last one. I find it an unpleasant experience, not so much painful but very uncomfortable. I know I should be grateful to the NHS for this free service, it must have detected many early signs of breast cancer and it is a relief when the results come back as normal.
I suppose it's because every time I go, the Radiographer has to re-do it because the first attempt wasn't clear or the image was 'smudged'.
What an ungrateful grump I am
mesco m
manchester
mesco m is female  mesco m has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-09-2012, 10:51 AM

Re: Mammogramme

I must be a grump too because I find the procedure very unpleasant. But I always keep the appointment, it would be silly not to, it will have save many women from an early death.
Roxy
Chatterbox
Caithness.
Roxy is female  Roxy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-09-2012, 11:36 AM

Same here, I lothe and detest that exam, I always sweat like mad while waiting for the results, Smear Test is another worrying wait. I think most Women feel the Same lol. Like you said....when you read it, it does make me feel like an ungrateful Grump.
The Dog Lover
Watford
The Dog Lover is female  The Dog Lover has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-09-2012, 11:40 AM

I don't like it either but I think its important to have it done. I had one done recently which came back clear
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-09-2012, 12:36 PM

Having a mammogram is very important, it is worth all the pain and discomfort. My neighbour, who is 70, went for her mammogram six weeks ago ..... she was called back for another test as her results weren't clear. This time they discovered a small mass and she was in hospital within days having the mass removed. She is now having radiotherapy five days a week. She thinks herself very lucky that the mammogram discovered the "demon", even though it came as a great shock to her.

The NHS is extending the breast screening age range in England so that by the end of 2012, all women aged 47 to 73 will be invited.
Annie Jack
Ontario, Canada
Annie Jack is female  Annie Jack has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-09-2012, 01:51 PM

I find it downright painful, not just unpleasant. So far it's been clear every time and I know how important it is to go.
pixie
Canada
pixie is female  pixie has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-09-2012, 02:21 PM

mines booked for october they do it every 2 years here
when your over 60s
be my fist time after my oppp and i no it will hurt more this time but ill grin bear it after the surgarry i went through it will be a breeze its there to save your life i have had 2 freids pass away from breast cancer sooner they get it done the better
Alan Cooke
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire, UK
Alan Cooke is male  Alan Cooke has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-09-2012, 02:44 PM

You think mammograms are unpleasant, thank your lucky stars that you don't have to endure testiclograms !!!
The Dog Lover
Watford
The Dog Lover is female  The Dog Lover has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-09-2012, 02:53 PM

Its more the pressure than anything else I find. It doesn't really hurt but not particularly pleasant all the same.

Very important to have done though.
Janela
Fondly Remembered
Essex UK
Janela is female  Janela has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-09-2012, 04:37 PM

Well that's over for another three years.
I have to be honest, the first two weren't too bad this time, the second two hurt but not unbearable And she didn't have to do a 're-take'
Just have to wait for the results.

Page 1 of 11 1 2 3 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top