Join for free
Sweetie pie
Chatterbox
Dorset
Sweetie pie is female  Sweetie pie has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-10-2018, 01:05 PM

Re: Leisurely Scribbles (part 5)

Mmm I have used both.
Welcome to the Apple sauce Pugsy x
Sweetie pie
Chatterbox
Dorset
Sweetie pie is female  Sweetie pie has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-10-2018, 09:04 PM

Well I must say this thread has never been so quiet!
Ciderman
Masterton, New Zealand
Ciderman is male  Ciderman has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-10-2018, 09:17 PM

Seniors

Most seniors never get enough exercise. In His wisdom God decreed that seniors become forgetful so they would have to search for their glasses, keys and other things, thus doing more walking. And God looked down and saw that it was good.
Then God saw there was another need. In His wisdom, He made seniors lose co-ordination so they would drop things, requiring them to bend, reach, and stretch. And God looked down and saw that it was good.

Then God considered the function of bladders and decided seniors would have additional calls of nature, requiring more trips to the bathroom, thus providing more exercise. God looked down and saw that it was good.

So, if you find as you age, you are getting up and down more, remember it's God's will. It is all in your best interest even though you mutter under your breath.
Nine Important Facts to Remember as We Grow Older

#9 - Death is the number 1 killer in the world.

#8 - Life is sexually transmitted.
#7 - Good health is merely the slowest possible rate at which one can die.

#6 - Men have 2 motivations: hunger and hanky-panky, and they can't tell them apart. If you see a gleam in his eyes, make him a sandwich.

#5 - Give a person a fish and you feed them for a day. Teach a person to use the Internet and they won't bother you for weeks, months, maybe years.

#4 - Health nuts are going to feel stupid someday, lying in the hospital, dying of nothing.

#3 - All of us could take a lesson from the weather. It pays no attention to criticism.

#2 - In the 60's, people took LSD to make the world weird. Now the world is weird, and people take Prozac to make it normal.

#1 - Life is like a jar of jalapeno peppers. What you do today may be a burning issue tomorrow.

Please share this wisdom with others, while I go to the bathroom
Sweetie pie
Chatterbox
Dorset

17-10-2018, 09:30 PM

That was brilliant Ciderz.
Just what I needed.
Hail to Ciderz for putting a smile on my face. X
Lion Queen
Chatterbox
UK
Lion Queen is female  Lion Queen has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-10-2018, 09:38 PM

hahaha, thats ace Ciderman, made me chuckle. It reminds me of something I made a while back, let me find it and I'll post it.
Lion Queen
Chatterbox
UK
Lion Queen is female  Lion Queen has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-10-2018, 09:40 PM

here ya go.

Attached Thumbnails (Click to enlarge)
Click image for larger version

Name:	lifes sucesses.jpg
Views:	50
Size:	47.8 KB
ID:	7624  
gumbud
Chatterbox
australia
gumbud is male  gumbud has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-10-2018, 10:07 PM

the discerning mans musician?

Sweetie pie
Chatterbox
Dorset

17-10-2018, 10:44 PM

Originally Posted by Lion Queen ->
here ya go.
Yay, I love that too.
Sweetie pie
Chatterbox
Dorset

18-10-2018, 08:23 PM

It'll Be Me

If you hear somebody knockin' on your door
If you see somebody crawlin' across the floor
Baby, it'll be me
Yeah, I'll be lookin' for you
Well, if you see somebody climbin' up a telegraph pole
If you find a new lump in your sugar bowl
Baby, it'll be me
I'm gonna search in the mountains
Down in the deep blue sea
I'm gonna search the country side
And look and look in every tree
If you find a new bait on your fishin' hook
And if you find a funny face in your comic book
Baby, it'll be me
I'm gonna look in the city
Where the lights are blue
Gonna search in the forest
And the haystacks too
If you see something shootin' out across the stars
If you see a rocket ship on it's way to Mars
Baby, it'll be me
I'll be lookin' for you

Songwriters: Jack Clement
Jem
Chatterbox
Dublin
Jem is male  Jem has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-10-2018, 09:13 PM

I liked that song Sweetie.

"Abandon all hope ye who enter here"
How does that sound as a thread motto? I'm thinking about ones sanity of course.

I once met that great showman George Burns in the Glen Eagle Hotel in Killarney, he was married to an Irish girl for 34 years (Gracie Allen) until her death in 1964, he would probably have been in his late eighties when he was there, he was 100 when he died in 1996. He was seated at the bar smoking his trademark fat cigar and drinking Irish Coffee and was in the best of spirits. A very friendly and energetic man for his age and he sang two comical ditties for those of us in the bar.
He liked to joke about his age. One joke he told I’ll never forget, he says “You know folks, I always wear underpants in the shower, I’m a humble guy and I hate to look down on the unemployed”
Age never bothered that marvellous man, indeed we could all take a leaf from his book, I believe he still worked up to a few weeks before his death from a heart attack.
Nathan Bimbaum was his birth name by the way.

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top