Join for free
Page 6 of 7 « First < 4 5 6 7 >
Judd
Chatterbox
West Riding of Yorkshire
Judd is male  Judd has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-10-2018, 09:48 PM

Re: Should we ban Fairy Tales

So this person objects to a girl being kissed without permission while she's asleep but doesn't seem to be concerned that someone drugged her and forced her to sleep for a hundred years while being stuck high upon a big hill surrounded by thorns then?
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-10-2018, 10:30 PM

Originally Posted by Rhian ->
I remember when my niece (born from two English language academics) at around 4 years of age used to pretend to read stories to her toys..

She would begin "One a poncy time..."

Internally, it made me gleeful!!!
funny!
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-10-2018, 10:32 PM

Originally Posted by Judd ->
So this person objects to a girl being kissed without permission while she's asleep but doesn't seem to be concerned that someone drugged her and forced her to sleep for a hundred years while being stuck high upon a big hill surrounded by thorns then?
By another woman no less.
Judd
Chatterbox
West Riding of Yorkshire
Judd is male  Judd has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-10-2018, 10:37 PM

Originally Posted by Longdogs ->
By another woman no less.
Are you allowed to call her a woman these days?
Besoeker
Chatterbox
Doncaster, UK
Besoeker is male  Besoeker has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-10-2018, 10:48 PM

Originally Posted by Judd ->
If it had happened in real life you might have a point............
Sweetie pie
Chatterbox
Dorset
Sweetie pie is female  Sweetie pie has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-10-2018, 11:04 PM

What about Rumpelstiltskin?

Rumpelstiltskin is a fairytale popularly associated with Germany. The tale was one collected by the Brothers Grimm in the 1812 edition of Children's and Household Tales. According to researchers at Durham University and the Universidade Nova de Lisboa, the story originated around 4,000 years ago. Wikipedia
Also known as: Tom Tit Tot; Päronskaft; Repelsteeltje; Cvilidreta
Published in: Grimm's Fairy Tales; English Fairy Tales
Silver Tabby
Chatterbox
God's own county!
Silver Tabby is female  Silver Tabby has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-10-2018, 11:05 PM

Originally Posted by Sweetie pie ->
What about Rumpelstiltskin?
Let's not even go there - or there'll be compensation claims arriving like confetti!
Sweetie pie
Chatterbox
Dorset
Sweetie pie is female  Sweetie pie has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-10-2018, 11:19 PM

Originally Posted by Silver Tabby ->
Let's not even go there - or there'll be compensation claims arriving like confetti!
Mmm I agree
Sage
U. S.
Sage is female  Sage has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-10-2018, 03:12 AM

I believe in freedom of speech. Part of growing up is learning to discern truth from fantasy. I too loved the fairy tales when I was little. I'm a writer by trade. All fiction is b.s. by design. But there is usually truth written into stories. It's one of the ways we teach what we believe to be true.
summer
Chatterbox
yorkshire
summer is female  summer has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-10-2018, 06:53 AM

Danny my little Grandson loves the story of the Three Little Pigs...often as we are driving along past a clump of trees or a wood he will say perhaps the three little pigs live there grandma

It's a shame people look for the negative in fairy tales actually there is usually a moral in the story...Good fights evil that sort of thing or on the case of The Three Little Pigs...if you are going to do a job do it right

Page 6 of 7 « First < 4 5 6 7 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top