Join for free
Page 10 of 33 « First < 8 9 10 11 12 20 > Last »
Solasch
Chatterbox
Netherlands
Solasch is male  Solasch has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-10-2018, 06:23 PM

Re: Is Democracy Dead?

Originally Posted by itsme ->
Typical British thinking going back 74 YEARS
Nevertheless, that was when the idea for a united europe was born. Starting with economic cooperation leading to social integration, eradicating the need of war within europe.
That social frictions with possible violent consequences still slumber in europe was shown in former Joegoslavia. The bonding of the EU prevents further hostilities there.
That religious differences easily lead to violence holds not only for christian/moslims. Look at Ireland.
scot37
Aberdeenshire
scot37 is male  scot37 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-10-2018, 06:37 PM

Originally Posted by scot37 ->
He was glad of British and American intervention in Europe in 1944 though.
Typical British thinking going back 74 YEARS
It was only 23 years actually between the two events.
itsme
Wigan UK
itsme is male  itsme has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-10-2018, 08:04 PM

It was only 23 years actually between the two events.
As far as I can see if you subtract 1944 from 2018 you get 74 try it on a calculator if you can't do it in your head.
scot37
Aberdeenshire
scot37 is male  scot37 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-10-2018, 08:28 PM

Originally Posted by Solasch ->
For de Gaulle the EEC was a instrument to keep the germans in check. Too many wars had been fought over the centuries between them (the twe WW being a sad point in case). The english he called the lapdogs of the americans and he wanted no american intervention in european trades.
Think of chlorinated chickens and you see how right he was.
As far as I can see if you subtract 1944 from 2018 you get 74 try it on a calculator if you can't do it in your head.
Solasch was talking about what De Gaulle was saying in 1967. Try to keep up.
itsme
Wigan UK
itsme is male  itsme has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-10-2018, 09:24 AM

Solasch was talking about what De Gaulle was saying in 1967. Try to keep up.
I was referring to what you posted yesterday at 5.55 pm, you posted:

He was glad of British and American intervention in Europe in 1944 though. referring to Ge Gaulle

Even this morning 1944 from 2018 still makes 74 years

Talk about keeping up???
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire
swimfeeders is male  swimfeeders has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-10-2018, 09:51 AM

Hi

The past is the past, it has gone, the Future is what matters.

I have no wish to return the UK to a Global Power, those days are long gone.

I do not want the UK to be punching above it's weight in the World.

I wish the EU all the best in it's further integration, it is just not for me.

What I want is for the UK to change direction, look to ourselves and make the UK a better place for those who live here.

The EU has been good for the few, not for the many.
itsme
Wigan UK

20-10-2018, 10:45 AM

Originally Posted by swimfeeders ->
Hi

The past is the past, it has gone, the Future is what matters.

I have no wish to return the UK to a Global Power, those days are long gone.

I do not want the UK to be punching above it's weight in the World.

I wish the EU all the best in it's further integration, it is just not for me.

What I want is for the UK to change direction, look to ourselves and make the UK a better place for those who live here.

The EU has been good for the few, not for the many.
Hi sw,

Totally agree with you about the past being the past, but sadly listening to the rhetoric of a lot of those that voted leave, the past is still were their mind is. You only have to read some of the post's to recognize this.

There is no chance of the UK returning to be a global power the last of which passed out of our hands after WW2. The only way now is to be a member of an institution which due to it's size has some 'clout' in the world.

Looking to ourselves seems to be an introverted out look on life and reflects the thinking of Trump. The UK has always been a relatively good place to live if you can discount the murdering of MP's, the thieving bankers, the rantings of the right wing who believe they have the only answer.

The EU has been good for the many, you only have to look at the statistics to prove that, and the list of reason I gave previously for staying in the Union.

This is not to say that the EU doesn't have faults like all big and small organizations, but having no say at the table is not the answer. Yes, we may not get our way on some things but that is only to be expected.
Solasch
Chatterbox
Netherlands
Solasch is male  Solasch has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-10-2018, 03:00 PM

Hi sw,

Totally agree with you about the past being the past, but sadly listening to the rhetoric of a lot of those that voted leave, the past is still were their mind is. .

The UK has always been a relatively good place to live.
Thanks to those who think that, it is also a beautiful place. Programs like Bargain hunt, country files, flog it show that.
By the way, the EU also is of that opinion. In the last decade the EU spent almost £500 milion on heritage projects in england and scotland.
This is, of course, without taking into account the added financial gain to heritage through EU tourism, free trade and freedom of movement of labour. **
itsme
Wigan UK

20-10-2018, 04:30 PM

Mr. Puddle Duck,

Where are you with your 5 reasons to leave???? Just brexit bull merde again
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-10-2018, 04:43 PM

Originally Posted by Solasch ->
Thanks to those who think that, it is also a beautiful place. Programs like Bargain hunt, country files, flog it show that.
By the way, the EU also is of that opinion. In the last decade the EU spent almost £500 milion on heritage projects in england and scotland.
This is, of course, without taking into account the added financial gain to heritage through EU tourism, free trade and freedom of movement of labour. **
Well just think how much money they will be saving. That's more money that can be spent on jewellery for EU speakers and Skiing holidays for MEPs and their families.

Page 10 of 33 « First < 8 9 10 11 12 20 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top