Join for free
Page 2 of 13 < 1 2 3 4 12 > Last »
Uncle Joe
Chatterbox
Brighton UK
Uncle Joe is male  Uncle Joe has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-01-2013, 10:00 AM

Re: Cellulitis

Originally Posted by Janela ->
Hello Alison, thanks for your reply.
I'm grateful for the suggestion of Oilatum cream. I've tried all sorts and I'm using E45 lotion at the moment, which quite frankly isn't brilliant. Being without a flare up for two years is marvellous, so I'll certainly be trying that cream.
I'm on the same antibiotics too but like you are, I don't want to become immune to them.
If I'm honest, I don't sit with my legs up enough! But after this bout, I'll get myself a laptop and sit with my feet on the coffee table
Thanks again.
Jan darlin' - go and invest in a nice riser/recliner chair Like mine (see the photos on my profile page), its REALLY, REALLY comfortable and you can 'nod off' to sleep in it very easily. I bought mine from Willowbrook - check out their web site.
Janela
Fondly Remembered
Essex UK
Janela is female  Janela has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-01-2013, 01:59 PM

Hello Geoff, thanks for the suggestion. Trouble is, we don't have room for any more chairs..hubby has his, which he needs, just like you. But I'm happy with the coffee table and a pillow.
Alison, thanks again.
I thought it was you that hadn't had a flare up in two years my mistake! I've ordered the pump action cream on-line, because I'm not taking any chances driving and certainly can't walk far at the moment.
Time to go, I've been sitting here for an hour and hubby is grumbling at me
Janela
Fondly Remembered
Essex UK
Janela is female  Janela has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-01-2013, 11:20 AM

I 'phoned the doctor yesterday to make the appointment she had insisted on and couldn't get one until the very end of the month Never mind.
I don't know if the antibiotics are making me tired or if it's my body fighting the infection but I am definitely in a 'can't be bothered' mood
Off to prepare veg for a stew and then bum down and leg up for a few hours.
Alicat
West Berkshire
Alicat is female  Alicat has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-01-2013, 12:10 PM

I 'phoned the doctor yesterday to make the appointment she had insisted on and couldn't get one until the very end of the month Never mind.
I don't know if the antibiotics are making me tired or if it's my body fighting the infection but I am definitely in a 'can't be bothered' mood
What a nuisance about the appointment Janela, can you not make one with another doctor and get one sooner? This blasted snow doesn't help with being able to get out and about!
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-01-2013, 12:43 PM

Hi Janela I do hope your leg is better soon .
Janela
Fondly Remembered
Essex UK

19-01-2013, 04:18 PM

Hi Alison, yes I probably could have got an appointment with another doctor but this doctor is new to the practice and I thought maybe she might have some fresh ideas..and she is a good listener
Thanks Meg, much appreciated
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-01-2013, 05:15 PM

That's a long time to have to wait for an appointment Janela I hope you'll feel better very soon...
Janela
Fondly Remembered
Essex UK

20-01-2013, 12:13 PM

Hello Mags, thank you for your good wishes.
I'm feeling better today, I have more enthusiasm (no energy... but I'm keen in my brain ) if that makes sense?
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-01-2013, 12:32 PM

Hello Mags, thank you for your good wishes.
I'm feeling better today, I have more enthusiasm (no energy... but I'm keen in my brain ) if that makes sense?
Good news Jan, rest the body but work the brain
Janela
Fondly Remembered
Essex UK

20-01-2013, 12:41 PM

So..it did make sense
Time to go, hubby has made coffee and is giving me looks again

Page 2 of 13 < 1 2 3 4 12 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top