Join for free
Page 19 of 19 « First < 9 17 18 19
stevmk2
Milton Keynes
stevmk2 is male  stevmk2 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-07-2014, 04:06 PM

Re: Hip replacement

Originally Posted by Patsy ->
Maybe the weather will clear soon, sometimes it is that quick - hope so .....
Been out for our walk today!

Sadly a lot of those we normally meet up with are away but we saw a few regulars and my wife's so much happier - it galls me that I've got to be at work so the 3-day weekend that I do get is a great help!

One annoying thing though - we came along the canal for about 300 yards and three times cyclists came from the opposite direction and expected my wife to move for them!

She's walking carefully with the aid of a stick - what more indication do these selfish B'stards want?!

One of them got a strop on so I told him if he didn't "go forth & multiply" he'd end up IN the canal - OK PAL?!

Back home now and she's ringing friends and family, telling them how she's getting on!! stevmk2
Uncle Joe
Chatterbox
Brighton UK
Uncle Joe is male  Uncle Joe has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-07-2014, 04:31 PM

Originally Posted by stevmk2 ->
Been out for our walk today!

Sadly a lot of those we normally meet up with are away but we saw a few regulars and my wife's so much happier - it galls me that I've got to be at work so the 3-day weekend that I do get is a great help!

One annoying thing though - we came along the canal for about 300 yards and three times cyclists came from the opposite direction and expected my wife to move for them!

She's walking carefully with the aid of a stick - what more indication do these selfish B'stards want?!

One of them got a strop on so I told him if he didn't "go forth & multiply" he'd end up IN the canal - OK PAL?!

Back home now and she's ringing friends and family, telling them how she's getting on!! stevmk2

Steve matey, should have borrowed your Oh's stick and rammed it very forcefully through his spokes!!!
stevmk2
Milton Keynes
stevmk2 is male  stevmk2 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-07-2014, 02:45 PM

Originally Posted by Uncle Joe ->
Steve matey, should have borrowed your Oh's stick and rammed it very forcefully through his spokes!!!
Oh SPOKES!!

Sorry, I must have misread it before Joe! stevmk2
Uncle Joe
Chatterbox
Brighton UK
Uncle Joe is male  Uncle Joe has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-07-2014, 03:23 PM

Oh SPOKES!!

Sorry, I must have misread it before Joe! stevmk2

Well Steve matey, you could have given him a third leg too, but that would have meant your OH going without her walking stick.
stevmk2
Milton Keynes

19-07-2014, 07:42 PM

Got a bit of a worry.

We dispensed with the compression stockings this morning and my wife's been fine.

Actually in my honest opinion she's overdone things again but will she listen.........

Anyway, she now has both ankles swollen up so we are both a little worried - keep an eye on ankles swelling up the physio said.

I've applied an ice pack for about 20 minutes per leg and she says it just feels normal and she often had this in the past so now we are just monitoring it.

Think it's the right thing to do. stevmk2
Uncle Joe
Chatterbox
Brighton UK

19-07-2014, 07:47 PM

Got a bit of a worry.

We dispensed with the compression stockings this morning and my wife's been fine.

Actually in my honest opinion she's overdone things again but will she listen.........

Anyway, she now has both ankles swollen up so we are both a little worried - keep an eye on ankles swelling up the physio said.

I've applied an ice pack for about 20 minutes per leg and she says it just feels normal and she often had this in the past so now we are just monitoring it.

Yeah Steve matey - just keep an eye on it. Given the heat & humidity that alone could be partially causing it too.
stevmk2
Milton Keynes

19-07-2014, 07:55 PM

Originally Posted by Uncle Joe ->
Yeah Steve matey - just keep an eye on it. Given the heat & humidity that alone could be partially causing it too.
My thoughts exactly Joe.

Will-do. stevmk2
Pats
Lincolnshire
Pats is female  Pats has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-07-2014, 04:45 PM

Got a bit of a worry.

It's sounds like a combination of your good lady 'overdoing' it....and the heat steve.

Make sure she elevates that leg when sitting and takes it easy, make sure she doesnt dehydrate and make sure she behaves.
stevmk2
Milton Keynes

21-07-2014, 04:52 PM

Originally Posted by Pats ->
It's sounds like a combination of your good lady 'overdoing' it....and the heat steve.

Make sure she elevates that leg when sitting and takes it easy, make sure she doesnt dehydrate and make sure she behaves.
She's had this before Pats, usually in the heat on holiday but I'm keeping an eye on things just to be on the safe side.

Today she says both legs ache a bit but she's done nearly two miles today AND been carrying shopping! stevmk2
Uncle Joe
Chatterbox
Brighton UK

21-07-2014, 04:59 PM

She's had this before Pats, usually in the heat on holiday but I'm keeping an eye on things just to be on the safe side.

Today she says both legs ache a bit but she's done nearly two miles today AND been carrying shopping! stevmk2

Ahhhh - naughty!!! - smack wrist!!!

Page 19 of 19 « First < 9 17 18 19

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top