Join for free
Page 1 of 25 1 2 3 11 > Last »
Azz
Admin
South Wales, UK
Azz is male  Azz has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-06-2014, 04:43 PM

Doctors - do you trust them?

Following a discussion in another thread - what do you think about Doctors and the medical (/pharmaceutical) industry?
Graham
South Hampshire
Graham is male  Graham has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-06-2014, 04:50 PM

Re: Doctors - do you trust them?

It's a case of having to. I am not a doctor or medical professional, so when they say I have to take something or do something, I have to assume it is the result of a professional and qualified judgement.
Nom
Chatterbox
Northumberland
Nom is male  Nom has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-06-2014, 04:52 PM

Precious little Azz, responsible for my current state of affairs, the whole health sector needs a top to bottom overhaul.
Patsy
Chatterbox
UK
Patsy is female  Patsy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-06-2014, 04:59 PM

After some unhappy experiences - I prefer to stay away ....
It was my insistence that eventually got a diagnosis and MRI - took over 3 years though !
gumbud
Chatterbox
australia
gumbud is male  gumbud has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-06-2014, 05:06 PM

All health professionals in UK are trained by national and often international standards. However it is possible to claim you are an expert in some health fields without doing any training at all apart from reading articles and 'googling' as Azz has claimed on other threads.

"doctors - do you trust them" is if you don't mind me saying is a rather ambiguous title - are you talking about just some doctors or just doctors in UK OR doctors all over the world ? I think you need to be more specific.

similiarly - airline pilots, engineers, dentists, physiotherapists, bus drivers, train drivers - do you trust them - who do we and who can we trust ? - admin persons of websites in any topic they tell us they are an 'expert' in???
venus
Cheshire UK
venus is female  venus has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-06-2014, 05:07 PM

In the main I trust them but question the advice they give, whereas in the past you didn't question the doc you had faith in their competence.
Eliza
Chatterbox
England
Eliza is female  Eliza has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-06-2014, 05:12 PM

My answer to the title , do i trust them , answer is No ..With some Consultants they think they are God and that was the out spoken view of his nursing Staff.
I was told by one Vascular Consultant i had to put up with the side effects of the meds i was on .. He wasnt pleased with me answering him back .
Patsy
Chatterbox
UK
Patsy is female  Patsy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-06-2014, 05:23 PM

Originally Posted by Eliza ->
My answer to the title , do i trust them , answer is No ..With some Consultants they think they are God and that was the out spoken view of his nursing Staff.
I was told by one Vascular Consultant i had to put up with the side effects of the meds i was on .. He wasnt pleased with me answering him back .
Exactly the same experience for me. The nurses apologised for him and I let him know in no uncertain terms what I thought of his behaviour. He was shocked that someone dared to speak up - to 'him'
Uncle Joe
Chatterbox
Brighton UK
Uncle Joe is male  Uncle Joe has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-06-2014, 05:38 PM

Absolutely!!! - I have a husband & wife team - she's my GP, he's my surgeon. Between them they've looked after my medical needs for the past 14 years and I cannot fault either of them.
Alan Cooke
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire, UK
Alan Cooke is male  Alan Cooke has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-06-2014, 06:02 PM

On the whole I trust them while realising that they are not God and can get things wrong.

Page 1 of 25 1 2 3 11 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top