Join for free
Page 2 of 6 < 1 2 3 4 > Last »
valice
Chatterbox
Wirral UK
valice is female  valice has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-12-2014, 10:09 AM

Re: New dentures - getting used to

Originally Posted by Julie1962 ->
In my husbands experience dentists are not best place to get dentures he gets his straight from a denture laboratory. They fit them much better than the dentist and are far cheaper for better quality dentures.
I'm sure I and others, must be wondering how you get to a dental laboratory for a fitting service. I assumed that they would only take orders via a dentist.
Be handy to know if ever we need them.
Often wonder if it would be better to pay up and have the screw in the jaw ones.
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-12-2014, 11:46 AM

Originally Posted by valice ->
I'm sure I and others, must be wondering how you get to a dental laboratory for a fitting service. I assumed that they would only take orders via a dentist.
Be handy to know if ever we need them.
Often wonder if it would be better to pay up and have the screw in the jaw ones.
We just turned up and made an appointment, first time didn't need one they saw him on the spot as he had broken his top set. Check your area you may have one locally we were surprised to find ours was very local we just hadn't noticed it was there as it looked like a big house.
Myra
Chatterbox
my wee toon
Myra is female  Myra has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-12-2014, 11:52 AM

There's one literally round the corner from me, so there must be lots more.

Hope you get some relief soon Jazzi. It's hellish to be in so much discomfort.
Jazzi
Chatterbox
Lowestoft
Jazzi is female  Jazzi has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-12-2014, 05:06 PM

Just put up on Chit Chat that I've not put them in yet today: I'm scared to. Last night in bed the pain around those sore teeth was quite bad. It felt like something was still pressing down hard on the jaw lines (especially the section that has several missing.)
Jazzi
Chatterbox
Lowestoft
Jazzi is female  Jazzi has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-12-2014, 05:09 PM

Carol, the advice given is not to sleep in them, as the jaw needs to rest and the mouth needs to air, and candida can develop.

Myrtle...oh dear! A lot of money to waste. Hope I can persevere, but can't see that happening.
greg
nottingham-Derby Border
greg is male  greg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-12-2014, 05:46 PM

i kepthd bithing my thongue with my parthials,hate them and only wear them for fotos now.
They make my fathe ache after an hour and i talk like im pithed when theyre in.
Eliza
Chatterbox
England
Eliza is female  Eliza has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-12-2014, 07:33 PM

Originally Posted by carol ->
My hubby has partial dentures top & bottom. He got used to the top ones quite quickly but has never got on with the bottom set... He puts them in to eat and takes them straight out again.

I do feel sorry for you Jazzi - it must really be getting you down - I know it would me!!

Somebody once told me they got used to their dentures by sleeping in them.
I only wear mine when i go out in a public place, my problem is i heave when i start talking , So i wont be saying much Carol next week ,probably nodding a lot and humming and ahing :lol:
Eliza
Chatterbox
England
Eliza is female  Eliza has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-12-2014, 07:38 PM

Originally Posted by greg ->
i kepthd bithing my thongue with my parthials,hate them and only wear them for fotos now.
They make my fathe ache after an hour and i talk like im pithed when theyre in.
Have you tried say Sticks without your teeth in ? I asked my neighbour if they wanted any ticks
They said Pardon to me 4 times before i could get the word Sticks out
Honey
Chatterbox
Lancashire
Honey is female  Honey has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-12-2014, 07:43 PM

Originally Posted by Julie1962 ->
Not really you need to wear them as much as possible to desensitise your mouth and keep the gums same shape as the plate, leave it a week and they won't fit at all as the gums change shape.
I'm told you need to give them time to bed in which is why they say to persevere and wear them for as long as you can, not easy when you're in pain though
greg
nottingham-Derby Border
greg is male  greg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-12-2014, 07:56 PM

Originally Posted by Eliza ->
Have you tried say Sticks without your teeth in ? I asked my neighbour if they wanted any ticks
They said Pardon to me 4 times before i could get the word Sticks out

Page 2 of 6 < 1 2 3 4 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top