Join for free
Page 1 of 10 1 2 3 > Last »
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-09-2015, 07:02 PM

Healing energy

I started getting interested in different healing techniques about 13 or 14 years ago, and over those years have done different courses on healing with 'energies.'
I have earned 4 certificates over the years, one of them being for Animal Healing, which was most enjoyable.

I just started another 9 month certificated course last week, with the Holistic Healers association, so we'll see how this goes. It's good to keep the old brain cells ticking over.

No doubt I shall get shouted down by some posters about "all this nonsense", but I enjoy it and meet some very nice people as well. I'll let you know how its going.
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-09-2015, 07:05 PM

Re: Healing energy

Good luck with your course Mups, it does sound interesting and I would love to hear how it's going
myrtle
Chatterbox
Macclesfield, uk
myrtle is female  myrtle has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-09-2015, 07:08 PM

Well done Mups

I had some Reiki treatment many years ago and I was amazed by how good it was.

A completely different treatment .... Reflexology ... I love it
Nom
Chatterbox
Northumberland
Nom is male  Nom has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-09-2015, 07:30 PM

Always liked Marvin Gayes type of healing.

Realist
Chatterbox
UK
Realist is male  Realist has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-09-2015, 08:48 PM

Originally Posted by Mups ->
No doubt I shall get shouted down by some posters about "all this nonsense", but I enjoy it and meet some very nice people as well. I'll let you know how its going.
Interesting topic Mupsy. My thoughts . . .

First off I'm in total agreement that the true and right source for healing our bodies lies in the understanding of energy. No question imo.

Many modern pharmaceuticals try to provide solutions which in many cases the body just does not need. It's kinda like looking at a car that has run out of fuel and is sitting at the side of the road. Pharmaceuticals are the equivalent of pushing the car to make it move, or using another car to tow it. All the car really wants, is more fuel. The car knows how to run, it just wants fuel.

I firmly believe our bodies are the same. We have little idea how our bodies work but yet they work anyway. In the end we don't actually need to know how our body is able to say repair itself when we cut our skin. All we need do is provide the energy, the fuel and let the body do what it already knows how to do.

This simple concept should be blindingly obvious and would be were it not for the fact the powers that be (in part led by Big Pharma) have conditioned us from a young age to expect potions and pills to do the healing for us. It's just not true. The body is largely an amazing thing. It is very capable of looking after itself up to a point.

So once we finally realise this it becomes logical, if not essential, that we focus our efforts to understand what the actual "fuel" or "energy" is that our body needs.

Different people might have different views on this. My view on it has probably drastically changed in the past 4-5 years since I started reading the works of Sages and Philosophers.

The fuel the body needs is not imo food and drink per say, though I suspect it can be found in there in minute quantities.

I'm not at all clear what the real fuel is, but after all I have read, in over 50 separate documents, and having also now recognised references to it in religious tomes (Bible, Bhagavad Gita, Taoism works etc) I am pretty convinced it is what some refer to as "life energy". The true source of all living things around us.

The problem we have is in capturing enough of that energy for our needs and finding a suitable vessel or container in which to put that energy so that we can then consume it.

Ancients texts and works however have much to say on that topic if you are minded to look into this.

What I firmly believe now is that the answers are not to be found in hocus-pocus wishy washy bunkum. They are to be found in Nature and science.

Hence I am somewhat sceptical of "mystic healing" and Reiki and anything of a similar nature which looks to conjure energy up out of thin air or to channel it out of thin air. The answer we seek, imo, does not lie in that direction.

I'm not saying those things are useless, but I suspect that any success is more to do with the natural way in which the body can heal itself when it needs to and when we meditate or concentrate positively on the belief that we can heal ourselves i.e. the so-called (and largely misunderstood) Placebo effect. There are an infinite number of ways to instigate the Placebo effect but it only gets you so far I think.

We must look to Nature to find our answers. The life-energy we need is there and always has been. According to the various documents and works which span a period of many many years, and yet which all concur on the same basic principles and processes, we must replicate how Nature produces this energy. It's not worth going into the detail here as it would swamp the thread so I will simply concur with you that energy, life energy is what our bodies need, and if we give it enough of that energy, we get healing and longevity and youthfulness.
opheila
North Jersey, US
opheila is female  opheila has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-09-2015, 12:12 AM

For me the best healers for sports injuries are my pups. "They call me Dr Dog...shoulder strain, knee, ankle, prop it up and the warmth from a big doggie leaning into it overnight, works every time.
susan m
DORSET UK
susan m is female  susan m has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-09-2015, 08:31 AM

I know a few reiki healers , have had healing myself . I enjoy the healing and the time given to me by my friends. Good luck with your training mups .
MKJ
Chatterbox
UK
MKJ is male  MKJ has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-09-2015, 09:12 AM

Healing energy? I've seen this in PC gaming. Normally carried out by priests, druids and paladins.
malcolm
Chatterbox
UK
malcolm is male  malcolm has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-09-2015, 09:48 AM

Originally Posted by Mups ->
I started getting interested in different healing techniques about 13 or 14 years ago, and over those years have done different courses on healing with 'energies.'
I have earned 4 certificates over the years, one of them being for Animal Healing, which was most enjoyable.

I just started another 9 month certificated course last week, with the Holistic Healers association, so we'll see how this goes. It's good to keep the old brain cells ticking over.

Absolute nonsense mups....but whatever turns you on !
BTW The Flat-Earth Society is looking to recruit some new members I believe
May
Chatterbox
SCOTLAND
May is female  May has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-09-2015, 12:16 PM

Don't knock it until You've tried it....My younger Sis' went to 'Maggies Centre' in Glasgow when She was going through chemo' for cancer..She had a few reiki sessions and said it made Her feel so relaxed and unafraid..The Lady who did it told Her She had a white horse surrounding Her taking care of Her and making Her stronger..of course We All had a good laugh,but I went out and bought Her a wee statue of a white horse which She put on Her bedside table...She said years later that horse gave Her strength and determination to fight...She's still here eleven years on ;~)

Page 1 of 10 1 2 3 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top