Join for free
Page 3 of 10 < 1 2 3 4 5 > Last »
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-09-2015, 11:11 PM

Re: Healing energy

[QUOTE=Realist;707072]Hmmm. This organisation looks to be pretty good at grabbing people's money ! That kinda seals it for me.

Realist, thankyou for your concern, I know you are trying to help, but please do not worry. I am not, I hope, a completely gormless, or over gullible person, and I can assure you I question things constantly. However, there is a difference between 'questioning' and 'arguing' and being disruptive in a class.

The courses you quoted are much the same everywhere, except some are dearer. However, most people would expect to pay for the tuition, manual, insurance cover, and for someone to give up their time for 9 months or more to come along and teach.

I find it quite weird that you compare this with Jimmy Saville's crimes, and fail to see the connection at all.

All I can say is I would sooner be the sort of person who wants to help and do a little bit of good if possible, than the the sort that is eaten up with malice and ill will.

My father was a bit like you, in the way he was always drumming in to me "don't trust anybody in this world," and even as a kid I used to think what a sad way to be.
There is a big difference between being cautious or sensible and never feeling able to trust at all.

Thankyou for taking the time to write though, and if turns out you are right and it's all been a big con, I shall be the first to admit it and allow you to say I told you so." x
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-09-2015, 11:30 PM

P.S. Realist, I have a friend of many years who works in crystal healing, a fascinating subject.
I paid her a visit yesterday for personal reasons, and she gave me healing which was quite wonderful but at the same time, quite odd in some ways.
This remarkable lady has been practicing for many years and is very advanced.
I don't quite know how to explain this, it would be easier if you had experienced it yourself, but frequently she is helped by certain 'guides' and they alter her voice, like in trance work.
Yesterday, at one point, she 'sung' in a high pitched very foreign voice, it certainly wasn't English language, then a little later, a deep man's voice took over, he sounded like a Red Indian male. It is quite remarkable to see someone you know, standing not 3ft away from you, suddenly transforming in this way.

I have no dount that this will sound complete gobbledy-gook to you, but I know beyond doubt she is genuine and an extremely gifted person.

I have no desire to get into a long debate about this, sometimes I just know what I see - and trust.
Realist
Chatterbox
UK
Realist is male  Realist has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-09-2015, 11:31 PM

Hi Mups

Unfortunately your responses highlight the important point I tried to make and pretty much underpin the fact that you do not understand nor are able to explain:

a) What is actually happening during a healing session
b) Where the healing source is coming from
c) How to harness and use that source

You need to be real honest with yourself here. I say again and again, all the good will and good intent in the world is NOT sufficient excuse for dabbling in some kind of healing practice for which you can not answer a,b and c above.

You would not give your friends and family drugs or pills that you had no knowledge of. Even if I gave you some pills that I called "magic pills" and even if you believed me to be a good and sincere person, you would not give those pills to others unless you knew exactly what they were.

This is a basic principle of all healing whether mainstream or complimentary. You simply do not touch or attempt to heal someone unless you fully understand the treatment, how it works and why it works.

I truly believe you have good intent and that your actions are full of love and desire for others to get well. Nevertheless, if you are honest with yourself, you know that you can not explain what the healing source or process actually is nor how or why it works. On that basis what you are doing is I'm afraid irresponsible. There is no easy or other way to put it.

Your position is untenable as far as I can see. To be sincere and responsible you HAVE to demand of your mentors an explanation of exactly what the healing source is, how it works and why it works and how to harness that source.
Doubtless you have been conditioned not to ask but instead to trust. But you must ask and you must insist on concrete answers.

It's one thing for you to have been conned and duped, to have had your money wasted but it's another entirely for you to have done "something" to other innocent people, whatever that "something" is.

If my assertions are wrong then by all means explain to me how the healing processes work, where the healing comes from, and why.

There is far more at stake here than being duped and losing money. There are tales a plenty of there being actual spirits involved in this stuff which you are inadvertently calling into action and that some of those spirits are malevolent but fool people by doing some healing. I don't claim any of that is true.

I simply iterate that if you are meddling in forces you do not understand and can not explain then you are on a very dangerous path. Any patient deserves and should demand that the healer knows and understands exactly what they are doing.

ATB
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire

18-09-2015, 12:09 AM

Arthur, I feel a little sad that you have so much cynicism in life, and also quite annoyed that you call me irresponsible.
If I provided the answers you require, it would still never be enough, you would still pick away at me and I do not want this.

I know what I believe, and what I have learnt in the last 13 years and intend to go on learning from different sources.
You are not here with me, you do not come with me on my courses, you do not know any of my tutors, nor what goes on, nor how I intend to use my knowledge, yet you still feel qualified to condemn me.
I am sure if I went through life being as suspicious of the world as you are, I would have to stop in bed all day too afraid to do anything, instead of enjoying my life and meeting some very nice, genuine people.

I'm sorry if you don't approve, but that will not stop me studying.
Realist
Chatterbox
UK
Realist is male  Realist has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-09-2015, 12:28 AM

Originally Posted by Mups ->
If I provided the answers you require, it would still never be enough, you would still pick away at me and I do not want this.
For you to say this suggests that the "answers" are going to be at best woolly and unable to stand up to evidential enquiry. Regardless I will hear them.

Please tell me, simply and plainly:

a) What is the source of the healing, what is it exactly that acts upon the body to heal a condition?

b) Why does that source work?

c) How exactly do you harness that source and use it?

Please be honest
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire

18-09-2015, 10:01 AM

As I have already said, whatever I say you will pounce on and find fault with so -
A) What is the point in me talking to you?
B) Why do I have to justify to you what I choose to learn?

You already have it in your head that -
A) I am irresponsible
B) It's akin to Jimmy Saville's 'work'
C) It's like poisoning people with pills
D) I am being duped and losing money
E) Manevolent spirits might be involved
F) I could be in danger
G) I have been 'conditioned' not to ask questions (totally untrue BTW). Any worthwhile tutor would be happy to answer questions, that is what they are there for!

The way you are talking is sad because you are condemning a subject you have no experience of whatsoever. You don't even realise that 'Healing' isn't the same 'Curing'. I would never claim to be able to 'cure' anything, that would be wrong, but sometimes if the body can relax and let go of things, it gives it a chance to begin healing itself.

I know what I believe, what I witness, and what I feel - you don't.
Despite what you think of me, I do also know right from wrong. So on that point I will leave this thread.
Patsy
Chatterbox
UK
Patsy is female  Patsy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-09-2015, 10:04 AM

@Mups
Good post !
May
Chatterbox
SCOTLAND
May is female  May has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-09-2015, 10:33 AM

Give it a rest Man fgs,You come across as the harbinger of doom,just what We older Folks on here need...NOT :~(
Patsy
Chatterbox
UK
Patsy is female  Patsy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-09-2015, 10:49 AM

Originally Posted by May ->
Give it a rest Man fgs,You come across as the harbinger of doom,just what We older Folks on here need...NOT :~(
I'll second that
Realist
Chatterbox
UK

18-09-2015, 12:55 PM

As I have already said, whatever I say you will pounce on and find fault with so -
A) What is the point in me talking to you?
B) Why do I have to justify to you what I choose to learn?
If you are that worried about how I or anyone else might respond to the "explanation" you give then doesn't that rather suggest you already know that the explanation will not stand up to scrutiny and that in the end you have simply "chosen to believe" in something without actually knowing how it works or what is actually going on in the process?

You already have it in your head that -
A) I am irresponsible
B) It's akin to Jimmy Saville's 'work'
C) It's like poisoning people with pills
D) I am being duped and losing money
E) Manevolent spirits might be involved
F) I could be in danger
G) I have been 'conditioned' not to ask questions
A) You are only irresponsible if you are purporting to "heal" patients by some method of which you can not satisfactorily explain or set out logically and evidentially.

B) The Jimmy Saville reference simply highlighted that putting trust in other people, where matters of patients or 3rd parties are concerned, no matter how genuine or good they appear to be, is a flawed and dangerous strategy. Therefore practice healing because you know and fully understand what it is and how it works rather than do it because someone you believe you can trust tells you or teaches you that it works without explaining how it works.

C) Any form of healing where you don't understand how the "treatment" works or what the healing force is, is indeed like giving pills to someone when you don't know what those pills are.

D) Only you can face up to whether you are being duped and losing money. You have to be rational and objective to assess if you are or not rather than put up defences.

E) I have no idea whether spirits are involved good or bad, but there are plenty of people out there who assert that they are a part of the process. If you don't understand how the process works or what is actually going on, how can you know if spirits are involved or not? Again be objective.

F) Yes it is possible that you could be in danger and through naivety could be putting others in danger too. What you choose to believe is immaterial to whether any danger actually exists or doesn't.

G) Have you asked how the process works? Have you asked what is actually the force or source of any healing? If so what answers did you get?

The way you are talking is sad because you are condemning a subject you have no experience of whatsoever.
No you have totally misunderstood my point here. I am not condemning any healing practice per say. What I condemn (if you want to use such strong terms) is the practicing of any healing technique which the healer does not fully understand nor can explain and rationally demonstrate evidentially.

We could just as easily be talking about an ability to "heal" cars where you assert that you can tinker and do "something" to make it run better but without being able to explain to me what that something is. My assertion would be the same to you. Don't mess with cars unless you know and understand what that "something" is and how it works.

Page 3 of 10 < 1 2 3 4 5 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top