Join for free
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
bloggsy
Hampshire
bloggsy is male  bloggsy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-11-2010, 05:11 PM

Re: Cars and Servicing

Originally Posted by Dancingsky ->
When renewing my insurance with Saga, I had to confirm I had my car regularly serviced, I don't have a problem with that.
Thats funny cos i'm insured with Saga and I have no conditions like that
Dancingsky
None
Dancingsky is female  Dancingsky has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-11-2010, 05:45 PM

Originally Posted by bloggsy ->
Thats funny cos i'm insured with Saga and I have no conditions like that
I apologise, dementia must be setting in! It was not my car insurance which expected me to have yearly servicing of the car it is my breakdown insurance!
Old git
West Deeping Lincs
Old git is male  Old git has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-11-2010, 08:18 PM

two cars were talking and one kept honking it`s horn-eventually the other car asked

Why are you honking?

the reply

I only get serviced once a year--and it`s today
maryl
UK
maryl is female  maryl has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-11-2010, 08:30 PM

You never fail the make me smile, thanks OG.
Jem
Chatterbox
Dublin
Jem is male  Jem has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-11-2010, 08:36 PM

The older Models don't get much servicing nowadays OG, you have to look up the manual first.
Aerolor
Chatterbox
UK
Aerolor is female  Aerolor has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-11-2010, 09:01 PM

Beep Beep - Honk Honk
merz
Chatterbox
Lancashire, UK
merz is female  merz has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-11-2010, 10:38 PM

Always get my car serviced every 12 months. The warranty expires in Jan 2011 so it will have its service and first MOT at the showroom where I bought it from. It will be the last time I have it serviced there because they charge far too much for a service. Will be taking it back to my local garage where I have gone for years-they are very trustworthy and do a good job at a much cheaper price as well.
Geoff
North East UK
Geoff is male 

09-11-2010, 11:30 AM

Originally Posted by Aerolor ->
Is it always essential to get your car serviced as soon as it is due. It is very tempting to let it go a bit longer before booking it into the garage.
Get your car serviced at the same time it's tested then you don't forget or put off the service Geoff
Aerolor
Chatterbox
UK
Aerolor is female  Aerolor has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-11-2010, 12:59 PM

Originally Posted by Geoff ->
Get your car serviced at the same time it's tested then you don't forget or put off the service Geoff
The car is only 12 months old Geoff and it was its first service. I took it to the dealership garage yesterday and I don't know what they did, apart from change the oil and give the vehicle a wash. They didn't even bother to stamp the service book, or tick what they had done off the list. This was a VW dealership and the car has only done 5,600 miles this year. They did say they would stamp the servcie book if I bought it back it but I just wondered if, apart from the oil change, anything else needed to be done or was done. Not very impressed with our local VW dealership at all. Perhaps it was because I didn't get the car from their dealership. I went a bit further afield to get a better deal from another VW dealership a bit further away.

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top