Join for free
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
realspeed
Chatterbox
South coast
realspeed is male  realspeed has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-08-2017, 06:33 PM

precision drumming to keep fit

Lot of upper body movement, few jumps and a load of arm movements to keep fit with.

ME? Exhausted just watching them

Dobra
Isle of Wight GB
Dobra is male  Dobra has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-08-2017, 07:46 PM

Re: precision drumming to keep fit

Gene Krupa please
Uncle Joe
Chatterbox
Brighton UK
Uncle Joe is male  Uncle Joe has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-08-2017, 12:45 PM

Originally Posted by realspeed ->
Lot of upper body movement, few jumps and a load of arm movements to keep fit with.

ME? Exhausted just watching them

Bloody 'ell - flying drums too!!! - Far, far too strenuous for me, will sit quietly in my chair and snooze!!!
mart
Chatterbox
South of England
mart is male  mart has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-08-2017, 03:55 PM

Very energetic drumming UJ. We have a granddaughter who drums but not like that. She's in a marching band.

No bike ride today because it's pouring down out there. Anyway, it's Friday and I'd have only ridden as far as the pub and walked back.

I did walk about 4 miles when the Sun was shining this morning however. That will have to do.
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-08-2017, 04:52 PM

Very good realspeed. Their timing is immaculate.

The only thing that slightly spoilt it for me was the back ground music was too loud for the drums. That was wrong IMO.
Seeing as the girls and their instruments were the stars, I think they should have been heard better.
Dobra
Isle of Wight GB
Dobra is male  Dobra has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-08-2017, 05:10 PM

Try this for exercise ?

https://youtu.be/JHXNaYoguNU
Uncle Joe
Chatterbox
Brighton UK
Uncle Joe is male  Uncle Joe has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-08-2017, 05:17 PM

Originally Posted by Dobra ->
Try this for exercise ?

https://youtu.be/JHXNaYoguNU

Ahhh - the Swiss Navy drummers!!! - and me exercise??? NO, not bloody likely!!!
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-08-2017, 05:23 PM

To be honest, seeing as I like the sound of drums, I much preferred the Dobra's video. It didn't have the loud background music, and they were sooooo clever - brilliant in fact.
Perfect performance.
Surfermom
Chatterbox
United States
Surfermom is female  Surfermom has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-08-2017, 04:59 AM

Remarkable performances, realspeed and Dobra! Yes, this keeps you fit....and it can nearly kill you too. (There is a long drawn out story of how I once played tritoms in the high school marching band) .

Kumi-daiko concerts, particularly by Kodo should never be missed!

But I digress. There is nothing better physically and psychologically than beating something with a stick, especially one you can twirl.
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire

19-08-2017, 02:58 PM

Originally Posted by Surfermom ->
Remarkable performances, realspeed and Dobra! Yes, this keeps you fit....and it can nearly kill you too. (There is a long drawn out story of how I once played tritoms in the high school marching band) .

Kumi-daiko concerts, particularly by Kodo should never be missed!

But I digress. There is nothing better physically and psychologically than beating something with a stick, especially one you can twirl.

That made me laugh and I had to read it again, because first time I read it as "nothing better physically and psychologically than beating SOMEONE with a stick."

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top