Join for free
Page 137 of 276 « First < 37 87 127 135 136 137 138 139 147 187 237 > Last »
Ffosse
Chatterbox
Edinburgh
Ffosse is male  Ffosse has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-08-2018, 07:18 PM

Re: I've had my chest x-ray

I saw my Consultant today who said that there was nothing to worry about going by the results of my CT scan last week.

I'm still awaiting my PET scan appointment on the 23rd then I see the Consultant again on the 30th. He's hoping that the small mass the MRI picked up is just scar tissue. I certainly hope so.

A strange couple of things happened on the way home. I hailed a taxi, a pretty old model and I chatted to the driver who said that it was fifteen years old. Then, steam/oil started to come out of its bonnet and she had to stop and phoned her partner and the garage. She poured some water into it and, meanwhile, called me another taxi as I was only half-way home.

This taxi arrived, took me home but his card reader wasn't working and I had no cash. Each time he tried to connect it wouldn't. So he drove me to the nearest cash machine but that was out of order, too. He asked me why I couldn't go into the bank and withdraw cash, and I explained to him that it was the Royal Bank whereas I'm with the TSB. In the end he had no choice but to let the fare go unpaid. Then I had to walk home from the cash machine.
Sweetie pie
Chatterbox
Dorset
Sweetie pie is female  Sweetie pie has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-08-2018, 07:31 PM

Oh dear, what a day with the Taxi!!!!
Still, I am glad to read about the results Dreamy.
The 23rd will soon come around, just relax now.
Ffosse
Chatterbox
Edinburgh
Ffosse is male  Ffosse has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-08-2018, 04:30 PM

Just woken up from a siesta - I get days like that when I've got up but don't feel like I have, physically. Then, I usually take an afternoon nap.
orangutan2
Ireland
orangutan2 is female 

10-08-2018, 07:55 PM

Naps are good
Sweetie pie
Chatterbox
Dorset
Sweetie pie is female  Sweetie pie has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-08-2018, 08:00 PM

Originally Posted by Ffosse ->
Just woken up from a siesta - I get days like that when I've got up but don't feel like I have, physically. Then, I usually take an afternoon nap.
That is good Dreamy. Let your body dictate.
I do worry about you when I don't see you post.
Ffosse
Chatterbox
Edinburgh

11-08-2018, 07:48 PM

I've been feeling lousy all day with back pain and tiredness. So tired that I went to bed at noon again and feel like I'm going to have an early night. I couldn't be bothered shaving today but will tomorrow as I have an early doctor's appointment on Monday.
Sweetie pie
Chatterbox
Dorset

11-08-2018, 08:21 PM

Originally Posted by Ffosse ->
I've been feeling lousy all day with back pain and tiredness. So tired that I went to bed at noon again and feel like I'm going to have an early night. I couldn't be bothered shaving today but will tomorrow as I have an early doctor's appointment on Monday.
Sorry to read that Dreamy. Get an early night my lovely friend.
I hope you can sleep. x
orangutan2
Ireland
orangutan2 is female 

11-08-2018, 08:33 PM

Ffosse, it's still early days and I'm sure there will be good and bad days. I still have bad days, but some are good too. And I finished chemo three months ago. Go with the flow for now...
Ffosse
Chatterbox
Edinburgh

13-08-2018, 11:02 AM

Yes, Saturday and Sunday were bad days for exhaustion and my sore back. I don't think I've slept so much in a long time.

I saw my G.P. at 8:15 this morning (I had no problem waking up at 6) and she renewed my prescriptions for another 4 weeks.

I mentioned the tiredness to me and she suggested that since I don't have any back pain when lying down then it is kind of natural to want to be in bed. That doesn't explain the exhaustion all the time, though. I'm getting further and further away from my last chemo but I suppose I'll just have to be patient and wait.

She encouraged me to take little walks (not so easy when it's pouring with rain like today) and to try and build up my strength. I don't get out much and am a bit preoccupied with my back pain, not taking too many tablets or the liquid morphine unless it's absolutely necessary.

I'm awaiting my PET scan on the 23rd then the results with an appointment with the Consultant on the 30th. That should be my treatment completed with 3 monthly checkups thereafter. I'm crossing my fingers that I won't develop any new symptoms in the meantime. It would be nice to have an incident-free September, October, November etc.
Lion Queen
Chatterbox
UK
Lion Queen is female  Lion Queen has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-08-2018, 11:12 AM

I m sorry you feel like this. One day at a time . I hope you start to feel better soon, it's awful when we feel so exhausted . Take care Ffosse

Page 137 of 276 « First < 37 87 127 135 136 137 138 139 147 187 237 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top