Join for free
Cinderella
Chatterbox
East Anglia, UK
Cinderella is female  Cinderella has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-12-2018, 09:29 PM

Travel over Christmas

Anyone travelling over the next few days has my sympathy, the usual mad rush starts tomorrow.
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-12-2018, 10:16 PM

Re: Travel over Christmas

I will be driving back to see family on Boxing day - approx 250 miles each way. It is not normally too bad on Boxing day, although last year, the road was flooded and closed on the way back which added an extra hour on to the journey.
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-12-2018, 11:36 AM

Good luck to anyone doing the travel thing, none of us have more than the bank holidays off so are staying close to home and just enjoying being together.
Bratti
Chatterbox
Canada
Bratti is female  Bratti has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-12-2018, 11:57 AM

Yes! Approximately 200 miles to see my parents, brother & sister in law and they are worth it. My brothers bringing his trumpet , frugal horn and turkey. I’ll bring my sax , the ham, trimmings and desserts. It will be fun.
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-12-2018, 12:21 PM

Originally Posted by Bratti ->
Yes! Approximately 200 miles to see my parents, brother & sister in law and they are worth it. My brothers bringing his trumpet , frugal horn and turkey. I’ll bring my sax , the ham, trimmings and desserts. It will be fun.
Well don't have too much to drink Bratti or you could get that lot mixed up and find yourself in trouble.
galty
Chatterbox
rainham essex
galty is male  galty has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-12-2018, 11:03 PM

OK

Christmas Day will leave home at about 8am. AND

Drive to Islington to pick up my daughter and leave with her at about 9am

Then drive down to Beachy Head for our Christmas dinner Booked for noon (last year it was in Vegas)

Couple of hours there and if the weather is nice have a walk

Drive back to Islington in the afternoon and watch a video for Christmas night(French film Nikita)

Think from past experience the roads will be clear.

After Christmas Might just drive up to Nottingham on the M1 to play some poker at DTD.

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top