Join for free
Page 2 of 20 < 1 2 3 4 12 > Last »
Purwell
Chatterbox
North Herts, England
Purwell is male  Purwell has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-09-2018, 12:48 PM

Re: Non EU countries

Head still in the sand I see.
Purwell
Chatterbox
North Herts, England
Purwell is male  Purwell has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-09-2018, 12:54 PM

From March this year and it will probably begin to escalate now.
EU companies have started moving out of the UK due to Brexit, while UK ones have had to increase prices to keep up with potential extra costs

According to the Chartered Institute of Procurement & Supply’s (CIPS’s) latest Brexit survey, 11% of the responding companies have already shifted part of their workforce out of the UK, and 9% have lost contracts or had them cancelled.

It also found that 14% of EU firms with UK suppliers have already moved parts of their business out of the UK to reduce their exposure to Brexit risk.

The CIPS said one third of UK businesses (32%) have increased their prices as a result of Brexit, and a further two fifths plan to follow suit.
More details of the survey here: https://economia.icaew.com/en/news/m...-before-brexit
shropshiregirl
Chatterbox
Shropshire
shropshiregirl is female  shropshiregirl has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-09-2018, 12:59 PM

Originally Posted by AnnieS ->
I think she does understand which is why she wanted us to remain in the EU as that gives us priority access over non EU English speaking countries. What Brexit does is put us behind the other English speaking nations as some of them will have better access to EU markets than we do so we will be next to useless for them, plus we will be losing the financial markets the way we are heading.

As well as this the manufacturing we have is being decimated by the vote. Only yesterday Jaguar Landrover talked of quitting the UK. Only yesterday there was a news report about how wage inflation is starting to creep into our industries because they cannot get workers now East Europeans are leaving.
Excuse me whilst I put my brolly up before the plague of locusts descend.
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-09-2018, 01:00 PM

Originally Posted by shropshiregirl ->

The locusts are already here, and many continue to join them.
They know a good thing when they see it!
Purwell
Chatterbox
North Herts, England

12-09-2018, 01:09 PM

Originally Posted by shropshiregirl ->
More likely to be a plague of boils and carbuncles.
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-09-2018, 01:21 PM

Originally Posted by Dextrous63 ->
Hi.. For reasons unknown I can't access the Pro Brexit boards. Probably a strange technical thing.
Hi Dex , please note the reply to your other thread querying access to the Brexit Forum...

Originally Posted by Meg ->
Hello Dex please read the sticky at the top of the Brexit section...

https://www.over50sforum.com/showthread.php?t=41484
thank you...
Dextrous63
Chatterbox
Manchester, UK
Dextrous63 is male  Dextrous63 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-09-2018, 02:27 PM

Originally Posted by Meg ->
Hi Dex , please note the reply to your other thread querying access to the Brexit Forum...thank you...
Ah. Thanks for that.
Moscow
Scotland
Moscow is male  Moscow has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-09-2018, 08:08 PM

Originally Posted by AnnieS ->
Some have said our competitive advantage was that we formed a good link between English-speaking countries and the Commonwealth with the EU, particularly links between the US and the EU. The City was the most substantial example of this and our reputation for being a politically-stable economy where investors can be sure their money is safe. Services are becoming such a major sticking point in negotiations. They are being ignored and they form about 80-90% of our economy. We cannot compete on manufacturing. We can compete on innovation but that's never been harnessed properly and in itself is still a service.

So unless we can remain a great trading nation with access to all markets we are stuffed.
Oh Annie, You obviously don't really understand what the 'service' industry really means in terms of our economy.

You also don't realise that 'services' in the context to which you refer too them in making up 80% of our economy is the same ratio of every advanced economy.

The truth is you are just quoting figures without comprehending the true nature of what you are quoting!!

I could go in to more detail if you like, or maybe you should explain exactly what constitutes our 'service' industry that you think is so overly critical to our international trading arrangements.
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-09-2018, 08:32 PM

Originally Posted by Moscow ->
Oh Annie, You obviously don't really understand what the 'service' industry really means in terms of our economy.

You also don't realise that 'services' in the context to which you refer too them in making up 80% of our economy is the same ratio of every advanced economy.

The truth is you are just quoting figures without comprehending the true nature of what you are quoting!!

I could go in to more detail if you like, or maybe you should explain exactly what constitutes our 'service' industry that you think is so overly critical to our international trading arrangements.
I'm sure that our 'service industries' are more diverse than most people are aware, though I can't possibly list them all.

One 'service industry' of which I am aware, however, is university education and research which attracts people from all over the world. Our 'better' universities are still regarded as some of the best, and we even attract many Americans and those from other 'first world' countries.

Even having left the EU Empire, I am absolutely sure that we shall continue to benefit from such people flocking to this country and spending their (or their home countries') money. Even Marge's old employer - not even a Russell Group member - was very highly regarded amongst middle eastern countries whose governments paid handsomely for their services.

I am equally sure that, however much it might upset the EU dictators, we shall still see such people coming from other European countries.
Purwell
Chatterbox
North Herts, England

12-09-2018, 08:38 PM

Originally Posted by JBR ->
I'm sure that our 'service industries' are more diverse than most people are aware, though I can't possibly list them all.

One 'service industry' of which I am aware, however, is university education and research which attracts people from all over the world. Our 'better' universities are still regarded as some of the best, and we even attract many Americans and those from other 'first world' countries.

Even having left the EU Empire, I am absolutely sure that we shall continue to benefit from such people flocking to this country and spending their (or their home countries') money. Even Marge's old employer - not even a Russell Group member - was very highly regarded amongst middle eastern countries whose governments paid handsomely for their services.

I am equally sure that, however much it might upset the EU dictators, we shall still see such people coming from other European countries.
Whilst I quite convinced that you are talking out of your turn-ups as usual.

Page 2 of 20 < 1 2 3 4 12 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top