Join for free
Page 3 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >
Ffosse
Chatterbox
Edinburgh
Ffosse is male  Ffosse has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-09-2018, 05:13 AM

Re: Struggleing Tonight

Sorry to hear things haven't been great, Deylon.
shropshiregirl
Chatterbox
Shropshire
shropshiregirl is female  shropshiregirl has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-09-2018, 11:49 AM

Hi Deylon, sorry to hear you have been so unwell. Here in Shropshire it is the complete opposite. Both times I was admitted to Hospital with Pneumonia, COPD and Pulmonary Embolisms, they wouldn't discharge me until they knew I would have an oxygen tank both upstairs and downstairs. They even said I wouldn't be allowed home unless I could prove that my husband was deemed fit and adequate enough to understand the dangers of having oxygen tanks in the home! (He was a Fire Training/Fire Risk Assessment officer!!) so I really feel for you not being able to have an oxygen tank in your home when it seems you are fully justified in needing one. If I were you, I would pester my Doctor until you get one. My thoughts are with you.
galty
Chatterbox
rainham essex
galty is male  galty has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-09-2018, 06:21 PM

Originally Posted by AnnieS ->
They don't have a community service after 8pm where Deylon lives Galty. I think it's really disappointing.
Thanks for the reply did not no that.

In my area for the chronic sick who live at home there is a 24 hour call out for a nurse, to help. Its cheaper than calling out an Ambulance.
deylon
Fondly Remembered
Harrow,England
deylon is female  deylon has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-09-2018, 09:55 PM

Im fed up with my health authorities,fortunately I am able to cope/ask questions/phone for help etc,but what of those poor people who are not so capable as Iam.? This morning my g.p service rang me,with the result of my INR test,they asked if I would have it done at our hospital, I explained that when I am well I go to a clinic,but they still insisted I go to hospital,I asked what would happen,i ,like now, I was not well enough to go to hospital,then I was told , they would send a district nurse in,So what difference would going to hospital be to now.I asked .well the hospital would be resonsible for D,N s to come in,not the surgery.Seems like they are wanting to save their money,let the hospital do it lol As said previously there is no after hour call out between 6.30 pm &am,only hospital 111/999
AnnieS
Chatterbox
United Kingdom
AnnieS is female  AnnieS has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-09-2018, 11:14 PM

Deylon you should complain to the health authority or someone should on your behalf. If they don't know there is a problem they can't fix it.
Sweetie pie
Chatterbox
Dorset
Sweetie pie is female  Sweetie pie has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-09-2018, 11:21 PM

I totally agree with Annie.
deylon
Fondly Remembered
Harrow,England
deylon is female  deylon has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-09-2018, 08:53 PM

I am trying to compose a letter ,and will send to hospital complaints and local health authority.I have not been feeling well today, and rang my surgery at lunch time. for help/advice I was assured a DR would visit or ring me before 6,30pm today I have not heard a thing from them
AnnieS
Chatterbox
United Kingdom
AnnieS is female  AnnieS has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-09-2018, 09:24 PM

Deylon if you post the draft of the letter here (with all confidential information such as your personal details & their address removed) we can maybe help you. The main thing with such communications is not to include too much detail of date or incidents, just tell them how many times you have been in hospital in the last six months purely because there is no out of hours community service. How terrified you are of going to bed each night knowing that there is no help at hand. How you haven't been given a nebuliser or oxygen because you are not considered sensible enough to use it wisely.

They absolutely should have a 24 hour service put in place. It's appalling that you have to keep going through the same situation every other night.
Lion Queen
Chatterbox
UK
Lion Queen is female  Lion Queen has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-09-2018, 09:49 PM

hope you are ok Deylon x
Sweetie pie
Chatterbox
Dorset
Sweetie pie is female  Sweetie pie has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-09-2018, 10:58 PM

I'm sure I can find a template for you dylon.
You are in my thoughts and prayers.

Page 3 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top