Join for free
Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >
susiejaeger
Chatterbox
Essex, UK
susiejaeger is female  susiejaeger has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-09-2018, 03:57 PM

Re: The Natural Way?

I eat a lot of:

Fresh Ginger.
Fresh Garlic.
Turmeric.
Spices.
Muddy
Chatterbox
UK
Muddy is female  Muddy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-09-2018, 04:07 PM

Originally Posted by OldGreyFox ->
When you get to our age Muddy, how would you know?...

It just makes your tongue go a funny colour for a while, and it does stain everything else....Tea towels, dishcloths and bowls..

You could go to a Polish shop and pay about three quid for a great big bag, or you could go to 'Holland and Barrett' and pay a fiver for a spoonful.....The active ingredient in the Termeric is Cumin...(no really!) and you can buy the one a day tablets from some places, but they are very expensive.... So you have to ask yourself....How much is a pink tongue and clean tea towel worth?

I've been dropping a teaspoon full in the pan while cooking my porridge every morning Muddy, and my teeth are still as white as Donny Osmonds....
I have white teeth if you don't mind and I wanna keep em that way
Blooming gnashers have cost me a fortune over the years .
I will give the porridge method a go .
Realist
Chatterbox
UK
Realist is male  Realist has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-09-2018, 05:23 PM

Originally Posted by AnnieS ->
The only natural product I take these days is Kalms one a night
Natural ?

Sure they contain Valerian Root and Gentian Root, but also . .

maltodextrin, silicon dioxide, acacia, spray dried, icing sugar, magnesium stearate, maize starch, sodium starch glycolate, stearic acid, calcium carbonate (light), carnuba wax, Mastercote White SP0950G, talc, shellac varnish, sucrose, titanium dioxide E171, yellow beeswax.

Talc is a horrible substance, carcinogenic, to be avoided, so are artificial sweeteners imho.
Realist
Chatterbox
UK
Realist is male  Realist has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-09-2018, 05:26 PM

Originally Posted by adwlp57 ->
please share what you take regularly to address issues you may have with your body....!

You'll find some useful info in this thread :

https://www.over50sforum.com/showthread.php?t=55895
Lion Queen
Chatterbox
UK
Lion Queen is female  Lion Queen has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-09-2018, 07:02 PM

So do I Lion Queen, and it's never done me any harm......

that's nowt, look what the spinach did to me Foxy

Attached Thumbnails (Click to enlarge)
Click image for larger version

Name:	Animated_Muscle_Women_Wiki_logo.jpg
Views:	57
Size:	25.0 KB
ID:	7398  
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire
OldGreyFox is male  OldGreyFox has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-09-2018, 07:48 PM

Originally Posted by Lion Queen ->
that's nowt, look what the spinach did to me Foxy
Wow...........You're awfully pretty Olive.....

"You're pretty awful yourself Popeye!".....

I bet you don't need help getting the lids off jars Lion Queen...

AnnieS
Chatterbox
United Kingdom
AnnieS is female  AnnieS has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-09-2018, 08:50 PM

Originally Posted by Realist ->
Natural ?

Sure they contain Valerian Root and Gentian Root, but also . .

maltodextrin, silicon dioxide, acacia, spray dried, icing sugar, magnesium stearate, maize starch, sodium starch glycolate, stearic acid, calcium carbonate (light), carnuba wax, Mastercote White SP0950G, talc, shellac varnish, sucrose, titanium dioxide E171, yellow beeswax.

Talc is a horrible substance, carcinogenic, to be avoided, so are artificial sweeteners imho.
No doubt especially if it has some asbestos in it. But after taking a kalms I really couldn't give a sausage. No life has a happy ending.
Realist
Chatterbox
UK

27-09-2018, 09:21 PM

The active ingredient in the Termeric is Cumin...(no really!)
Errrrrr NO really NOT !

The active compound is CURCUMIN

CUMIN is a spice in its own right and entirely different.

Sheesh !
AnnieS
Chatterbox
United Kingdom
AnnieS is female  AnnieS has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-09-2018, 10:34 PM

that's irrelevant realist. What's relevant is that people should be careful taking too much turmeric. It can affect the heart and kidneys. Everything is good in moderation is my maxim.
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire
OldGreyFox is male  OldGreyFox has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-09-2018, 10:05 AM

Originally Posted by AnnieS ->
that's irrelevant realist. What's relevant is that people should be careful taking too much turmeric. It can affect the heart and kidneys. Everything is good in moderation is my maxim.
Thanks Annie, I imagine anyone considering taking Turmeric, or those already taking it will have figured out the correct name of the active ingredient. I didn't realise you could cause damage by taking too much though.....Thanks for that...

And thanks Realist for you correction, it's been a while since I researched it, and sometimes things get lost or distorted in my ageing cranium....

Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top