Join for free
Page 2 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-09-2018, 12:37 PM

Re: Ribs again

Poor hubby LQ, I hope he is as comfortable as he can be.

Tell him here is a very, very gentle for him.
Sweetie pie
Chatterbox
Dorset
Sweetie pie is female  Sweetie pie has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-09-2018, 02:13 PM

Oh my goodness Queeny, such a shame. I suppose it must take time, but at least he has you. xxxxx
Morticia
Chatterbox
England
Morticia is female  Morticia has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-09-2018, 02:24 PM

The thing is ... it's a comfort ( of a type) to know it's not a cracked or broken rib and so can't do any more damage by floating around and hitting the lungs.

That's when it's frightening ... when it's hard to breathe and gives that restricted feeling. You worry.

On the other hand, when I had badly bruised ribs it was then down to managing the pain and just nursing it a little by not breathing deeply, not coughing, not laughing too hard or leaning over and stretching.

I think your poor OH deserves to be waited on hand and foot whilst he concentrates on pain management.
Give him a hug from me ... but not a tight hug. He will be feeling a bit miserable.
Lion Queen
Chatterbox
UK
Lion Queen is female  Lion Queen has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-09-2018, 07:49 PM

Thank you everyone for the good wishes, I have told him you are all sending your best wishes.

Mort you are so right, he is feeling very miserable, poor man.

I'd tell him I don't have a headache tonight but somehow I don't think he'll be interested hahahaha.
Did I just say that
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-09-2018, 07:56 PM

Originally Posted by Lion Queen ->
Thank you everyone for the good wishes, I have told him you are all sending your best wishes.

Mort you are so right, he is feeling very miserable, poor man.

I'd tell him I don't have a headache tonight but somehow I don't think he'll be interested hahahaha.
Did I just say that
That is soooooo naughty LQ.
Lion Queen
Chatterbox
UK
Lion Queen is female  Lion Queen has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-09-2018, 08:26 PM

Originally Posted by Longdogs ->
That is soooooo naughty LQ.
sowwy
Mondays child
United Kingdom
Mondays child is male  Mondays child has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-09-2018, 09:29 PM

Sorry but I have come to this thread late.

When I had badly bruised ribs it took about two months for them to stop hurting. I was given Oramorph (Morphine) to dull the pain which is lovely stuff and worked a treat.
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-09-2018, 09:35 PM

Originally Posted by Mondays child ->
Sorry but I have come to this thread late.

When I had badly bruised ribs it took about two months for them to stop hurting. I was given Oramorph (Morphine) to dull the pain which is lovely stuff and worked a treat.

Hello MC. I was only wondering the other day where you'd got to.
Mondays child
United Kingdom
Mondays child is male  Mondays child has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-09-2018, 09:40 PM

Originally Posted by Mups ->
Hello MC. I was only wondering the other day where you'd got to.
Hi Mups. Been really busy. Managed to paint every room. New carpets down in bedroom and hall, lounge carpet being fitted next Thursday. Ive been a very busy boy but my home is looking great f I say so myself.
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire

30-09-2018, 11:01 PM

Originally Posted by Mondays child ->
Hi Mups. Been really busy. Managed to paint every room. New carpets down in bedroom and hall, lounge carpet being fitted next Thursday. Ive been a very busy boy but my home is looking great f I say so myself.

Pleased for you. Good to know you're on the mend.
Well done you.

Page 2 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top