Join for free
Page 3 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >
carol
Chatterbox
Derbyshire.
carol is female  carol has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-10-2018, 08:23 AM

Re: Ribs again

I like your sense of humour LQ

About 10 years ago I cracked 3 ribs - just 4 days before I was due to fly to Benidorm.

Tony took me to A&E - they said there was no treatment they could give me except painkillers. They told me to go to Benidorm anyway so I did.

I can't remember what the painkillers were but they were really strong and took the pain away completely. The side effect was a slightly queasy feeling and extreme tiredness.

It was a very placid holiday that year - I shouldn't have gone really but at least I wasn't in pain.

I wish your other half well LQ. x
Pesta
Chatterbox
North of the South UK
Pesta is female  Pesta has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-10-2018, 04:06 PM

Aaah Queenie....know the situation well Hope your dearly beloved's ribs are feeling much easier. Tell him to hang in there, things do get better.

My ribs are like egg shells. I honestly can't count how many rib 'incidents' I've had since early teens. The crack sound is just so endearing and the pain exhilarating. Not.

A hug can break mine. Just a sodding hug. (Yes, I swore and I don't care). I love hugs and I really miss those lovely all enclosing squeezy hugs, where bodies meet, you reach up and wrap your arms around each other and squeeze ..... you know the ones.
I have to say now, 'watch the ribs' so end up with piffling hugs that are neither here nor there

I've even broken them myself in bed ......... (keep it clean). I turn over sometimes and it's oops, careful it's gonna go! If I'm doing physical stuff in day to day life it's on my mind that I need to think and not go Gung Ho as per usual.
I've Osteoporosis and have low calcium/vitD levels. Then I had thyroid and 2 parathyroids removed. (The 'paras' control calcium levels), developed hypocalcaemia and tetany so taken back in hospital for calcium transfusions.

The consultant I see every year is so straight laced and I'm dying to say, 'I'm thinking of having a rampant sex life, what do you suggest I do?'

I shall leave you with this thought ...

Forget blow up dolls deflating. Picture me in a relationship having sex in the whatever-it-is- position, checking my nails and thinking the ceiling needs painting, and I suddenly deflate - very painfully
Lion Queen
Chatterbox
UK
Lion Queen is female  Lion Queen has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-10-2018, 05:35 PM

Originally Posted by carol ->
I like your sense of humour LQ

About 10 years ago I cracked 3 ribs - just 4 days before I was due to fly to Benidorm.

Tony took me to A&E - they said there was no treatment they could give me except painkillers. They told me to go to Benidorm anyway so I did.

I can't remember what the painkillers were but they were really strong and took the pain away completely. The side effect was a slightly queasy feeling and extreme tiredness.

It was a very placid holiday that year - I shouldn't have gone really but at least I wasn't in pain.

I wish your other half well LQ. x
Thanks Carol, the hospital gave him codeine phospate which is helping a bit. He actually managed to get out of bed this morning without screaming out in pain. I guess he needs to give it time.
Lion Queen
Chatterbox
UK
Lion Queen is female  Lion Queen has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-10-2018, 05:36 PM

Originally Posted by Pesta ->
Aaah Queenie....know the situation well Hope your dearly beloved's ribs are feeling much easier. Tell him to hang in there, things do get better.

My ribs are like egg shells. I honestly can't count how many rib 'incidents' I've had since early teens. The crack sound is just so endearing and the pain exhilarating. Not.

A hug can break mine. Just a sodding hug. (Yes, I swore and I don't care). I love hugs and I really miss those lovely all enclosing squeezy hugs, where bodies meet, you reach up and wrap your arms around each other and squeeze ..... you know the ones.
I have to say now, 'watch the ribs' so end up with piffling hugs that are neither here nor there

I've even broken them myself in bed ......... (keep it clean). I turn over sometimes and it's oops, careful it's gonna go! If I'm doing physical stuff in day to day life it's on my mind that I need to think and not go Gung Ho as per usual.
I've Osteoporosis and have low calcium/vitD levels. Then I had thyroid and 2 parathyroids removed. (The 'paras' control calcium levels), developed hypocalcaemia and tetany so taken back in hospital for calcium transfusions.

The consultant I see every year is so straight laced and I'm dying to say, 'I'm thinking of having a rampant sex life, what do you suggest I do?'

Forget blow up dolls deflating. Picture me in a relationship having sex in the whatever-it-is- position, checking my nails and thinking the ceiling needs painting, and I suddenly deflate - very painfully
My goodness Pesta, this sounds awful, you poor thing, I'd be heartbroken if I couldn't receive hugs, hugging and being hugged is my favourite pastime!

I like how you keep your sense of humour
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-10-2018, 10:08 PM

Originally Posted by Mondays child ->
Hi Mups. Been really busy. Managed to paint every room. New carpets down in bedroom and hall, lounge carpet being fitted next Thursday. Ive been a very busy boy but my home is looking great f I say so myself.
Glad to see you back MC,
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-10-2018, 10:12 PM

That's terrible pesta. I feel really sorry for you having to live with that. Can I send you one of these virtual hug thingies?

hopefully that wasn't too painful.
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England

01-10-2018, 10:14 PM

Originally Posted by Lion Queen ->
sowwy
Wouldn't stop me though.
Pesta
Chatterbox
North of the South UK
Pesta is female  Pesta has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-10-2018, 08:16 PM

Originally Posted by Lion Queen ->

I like how you keep your sense of humour

I've got to giggle Queenie, I mean it is funny when you think about it
Pesta
Chatterbox
North of the South UK

02-10-2018, 08:19 PM

Originally Posted by Longdogs ->
That's terrible pesta. I feel really sorry for you having to live with that. Can I send you one of these virtual hug thingies?

hopefully that wasn't too painful.
Thank you Dingaling, never felt a thing
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England

02-10-2018, 09:30 PM

Thank you Dingaling, never felt a thing
That doesn't bode well for me.

Page 3 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top