Join for free
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-10-2018, 04:41 PM

BBC Bias

On the BBC news today, there was a reporter outside Westminster discussing bullying in politics. Just a few feet behind him, a protester appeared with placards advertising an 'Anti Brexit' march'.

I was expecting to see the protester moved on, or at least the camera to zoom in to remove him from our screen, as they normally do when yobs appear behind a reporter. But no, he was allowed to get his message across for a good few minutes.

Do you think this is an example of subtle BBC bias? If someone had been advertising an anti immigration march for instance, do you think it would have been allowed to continue?

This thread is not about Brexit.
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-10-2018, 04:55 PM

Re: BBC Bias

I do think BBC is in a mess with bias for many areas long dogs,
Brexit being one of them. Friend of my nephew went for a job back stage, was told he wasn't what they were looking for over heard them saying he wasn't black enough as he left ! How can a black person not be black enough ?
Purwell
Chatterbox
North Herts, England
Purwell is male  Purwell has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-10-2018, 04:59 PM

Originally Posted by Longdogs ->
On the BBC news today, there was a reporter outside Westminster discussing bullying in politics. Just a few feet behind him, a protester appeared with placards advertising an 'Anti Brexit' march'.

I was expecting to see the protester moved on, or at least the camera to zoom in to remove him from our screen, as they normally do when yobs appear behind a reporter. But no, he was allowed to get his message across for a good few minutes.

Do you think this is an example of subtle BBC bias? If someone had been advertising an anti immigration march for instance, do you think it would have been allowed to continue?

What is it about then?
tarantula
Chatterbox
UK
tarantula is female  tarantula has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-10-2018, 05:04 PM

I don't see the BBC as biased at all, it is our channel of choice.
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-10-2018, 05:17 PM

Originally Posted by tarantula ->
I don't see the BBC as biased at all, it is our channel of choice.
Who's choice? Yours or the Nation?
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England

15-10-2018, 05:20 PM

Originally Posted by Purwell ->
What is it about then?
Get an adult to read it if you don't understand.
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England

15-10-2018, 05:22 PM

Originally Posted by Julie1962 ->
I do think BBC is in a mess with bias for many areas long dogs,
Brexit being one of them. Friend of my nephew went for a job back stage, was told he wasn't what they were looking for over heard them saying he wasn't black enough as he left ! How can a black person not be black enough ?
That is madness and blatant racism, nothing subtle about that.
d00d
Chatterbox
London, UK
d00d is male  d00d has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-10-2018, 05:25 PM

More BBC Bias in the form of self promotion ... Strictly Come Dancing on the main news up there with Brexit, Trump & Royalty. Grrrrrrr
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England

15-10-2018, 05:27 PM

Originally Posted by d00d ->
More BBC Bias in the form of self promotion ... Strictly Come Dancing on the main news up there with Brexit, Trump & Royalty. Grrrrrrr
Yes, they are constantly doing that.
Puddle Duck
Cheshire. UK
Puddle Duck is female  Puddle Duck has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-10-2018, 05:32 PM

Originally Posted by Longdogs ->

Absolutely ! BBC have done it before many times, and they are without doubt, pro EU.
I tend to watch a lot of news, and up to a couple of weeks ago mostly BBC. I cannot remember one instance when they made positive points about Brexit. Constantly they have put out negativities. The same with various other political programmes on BBC. News Night, Question Time,
I wouldn't mind betting the get 'rent a crowd' in for their outside commentaries.
Considering they are supposed to be 'apolitical 'with their influencing, it's more like brain washing !

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top