Join for free
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-10-2018, 05:38 PM

Re: BBC Bias

Originally Posted by Puddle Duck ->
Absolutely ! BBC have done it before many times, and they are without doubt, pro EU.
I tend to watch a lot of news, and up to a couple of weeks ago mostly BBC. I cannot remember one instance when they made positive points about Brexit. Constantly they have put out negativities. The same with various other political programmes on BBC. News Night, Question Time,
I wouldn't mind betting the get 'rent a crowd' in for their outside commentaries.
Considering they are supposed to be 'apolitical 'with their influencing, it's more like brain washing !
I used to love QT when it was balanced but don't bother watching it any more.
Puddle Duck
Cheshire. UK
Puddle Duck is female  Puddle Duck has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-10-2018, 06:07 PM

Originally Posted by Longdogs ->
I used to love QT when it was balanced but don't bother watching it any more.
Nor I. His constant interruption of comments from the panel , and the bickering, just took all the interest of debate and understanding of points made, out of it. News Night and Emily Maitlis is another. She's horrid when she interviews people. So rude. They all are on BBC.
galty
Chatterbox
rainham essex
galty is male  galty has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-10-2018, 06:40 PM

On the BBC news today, there was a reporter outside Westminster discussing bullying in politics. Just a few feet behind him, a protester appeared with placards advertising an 'Anti Brexit' march'.

I was expecting to see the protester moved on, or at least the camera to zoom in to remove him from our screen, as they normally do when yobs appear behind a reporter. But no, he was allowed to get his message across for a good few minutes.

Do you think this is an example of subtle BBC bias? If someone had been advertising an anti immigration march for instance, do you think it would have been allowed to continue?

This thread is not about Brexit.
Think you can only prove bias if a pro Brexit protester did the same thing and they cut him out.
Tachyon
Internet Citizen :)
Tachyon is male  Tachyon has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-10-2018, 09:27 PM

On the BBC news today, there was a reporter outside Westminster discussing bullying in politics. Just a few feet behind him, a protester appeared with placards advertising an 'Anti Brexit' march'.

I was expecting to see the protester moved on...
Maybe it would have been seen as bullying.
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-10-2018, 10:46 AM

Originally Posted by galty ->
Think you can only prove bias if a pro Brexit protester did the same thing and they cut him out.
I agree galty. Personally, I think they would be.
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire
OldGreyFox is male  OldGreyFox has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-10-2018, 11:31 AM

Is the BBC biased?

Does Long John Silver walk with a limp?.......

Of course the Beeb is biased Longdogs, I stopped taking any notice of their political news reports a long time ago. Even programmes such as 'Mock the Week' and 'Have I Got News' work to an agenda. Once you start looking for it, you can spot it everywhere on the Beeb.....
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England

16-10-2018, 11:56 AM

Originally Posted by OldGreyFox ->
Is the BBC biased?

Does Long John Silver walk with a limp?.......

Of course the Beeb is biased Longdogs, I stopped taking any notice of their political news reports a long time ago. Even programmes such as 'Mock the Week' and 'Have I Got News' work to an agenda. Once you start looking for it, you can spot it everywhere on the Beeb.....
That's it OGF. Someone said on here a while ago that we see what we want to see regarding bias, so I have been trying to view the BBC objectively, but I would go as far to say that the protester with the placards was probably set up by the film crew, it was that obvious.
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire
swimfeeders is male  swimfeeders has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-10-2018, 12:33 PM

Hi

I know people who think the BBC is far too Right Wing and Pro Brexit.

It all depends on your viewpoint.

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top