Join for free
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
May
Chatterbox
SCOTLAND
May is female  May has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-10-2018, 02:11 PM

Re: A star is born.

Originally Posted by Beautiful Filly ->
Hi May...this was not the original version of "A Star Is Born."

The original version was made in 1937 and starred Janet Gaynor and Fredric March...
Oh thanks BF..I didn't know that..would love to have seen it..My fav' was Streisand & Kristofferson as I was a big fan of Both back in the day..I look forward to seeing the new one
Beautiful Filly
Bowmanville, Ontario, Canada
Beautiful Filly is female  Beautiful Filly has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-10-2018, 02:17 PM

Originally Posted by May ->
Oh thanks BF..I didn't know that..would love to have seen it..My fav' was Streisand & Kristofferson as I was a big fan of Both back in the day..I look forward to seeing the new one

Hi May...my favourite was the Judy Garland version. "Hello everyone, my name is Mrs. Norman Maine."

Can't wait to see the new one...
carol
Chatterbox
Derbyshire.
carol is female  carol has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-10-2018, 06:11 PM

Plans are underway to go tomorrow.

I'll report back.
Beautiful Filly
Bowmanville, Ontario, Canada
Beautiful Filly is female  Beautiful Filly has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-10-2018, 06:41 PM

Originally Posted by Longdogs ->
So there have been four versions? Must be good.
Yes Longdogs, there's been four versions made, unless there's another, that I don't know about...
carol
Chatterbox
Derbyshire.
carol is female  carol has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-10-2018, 06:54 PM

It was good. I enjoyed it very much.
Lady Gaga & Bradley Cooper in the leading rolls were perfect.

The only fault I could find was the dialogue wasn't always clear. Their 'pillow talk' for instance - I couldn't tell a word they said! Also so much effing bad language.

More good than bad though. Worth going to see.
Mel15
Nowhere
Mel15 is female  Mel15 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-10-2018, 08:43 PM

I’m just back from watching it and I was totally blown away

It could so easily have been a vehicle for Lady Gaga but Bradley Cooper pulled it together

It’s been the first film I have seen since Schindlers List where the audience have sat in complete silence watching the credits rather then jumping up and rushing out

Mind it may have had something to do with having to compose themselves and dry their eyes
ruthio
Chatterbox
Southern UK
ruthio is female  ruthio has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-10-2018, 08:46 PM

Saw it today, amazing film, fabulous just fabulous!
BUT why oh why do they mumble so?!
Half the dialogue went in one ear and out the other, might watch the dvd with subtitles sometime!

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top