Join for free
Page 2 of 35 < 1 2 3 4 12 > Last »
marpaul
North Cumbria
marpaul is female  marpaul has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-12-2011, 12:24 AM

Re: Teeth

That's good news then Molly, so its going to be a lot cheaper than you thought. I sounds like you've got a good dentist there!!

Love the photo
Jimmy
Lancashire
Jimmy is male  Jimmy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-12-2011, 12:25 AM

Do you want me to doctor your photo Mollie, see what you look like when he removes them
Berxer
Chatterbox
S.Wales, UK
Berxer is female  Berxer has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-12-2011, 12:27 AM

Originally Posted by Jimmy ->
Do you want me to doctor your photo Mollie, see what you look like when he removes them
That is wicked!

Good news Mollie, that's not so bad at all. I love the picture too.
Mollie
Chatterbox
Wigan in Lancashire
Mollie is female  Mollie has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-12-2011, 12:27 AM

It is in a way Marian, but I always swore I'd never ever need dentures. As you can see in the photo, my teeth were my best feature, so it's a shock to the system when something like this happens.

To be honest I find it difficult to eat properly now, and even forming some of my words when I speak is difficult as well.

Yes, he's a lovely dentist. As daft as this might sound, to be able to openly smile and laugh again and show my teeth, will give me back the confidence I lost a few years ago. I'll dredge up the courage from somewhere though to go through with it.
Mollie
Chatterbox
Wigan in Lancashire
Mollie is female  Mollie has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-12-2011, 12:28 AM

Originally Posted by Jimmy ->
Don't you bluddy well dare! I've seen how you figgle with photos!
Mollie
Chatterbox
Wigan in Lancashire

17-12-2011, 12:30 AM

Originally Posted by Berxer ->
That is wicked!

Good news Mollie, that's not so bad at all. I love the picture too.
Thanks Carmen. I was a semi-professional singer back then and had loads of confidence, but I don't now and I suppose that's why I can be touchy at times. Hard to explain.

Jimmy you dare, and I know where I can find ya!
marpaul
North Cumbria
marpaul is female  marpaul has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-12-2011, 12:32 AM

Yes I know what you mean Mollie, teeth are so imortant aren't they! So it will be a new you in the New Year !!
Mollie
Chatterbox
Wigan in Lancashire

17-12-2011, 12:35 AM

Teeth are the first thing people notice about you and Gareth and I had a good half hour chatting.

My major concern was how long it would take between extraction and new going in. I was shocked when he said it would all be done at the same time, out with the old and in with the new.

To say that I've been extremely depressed about my teeth for so long, he's given me hope and I feel sure that once this is sorted out, I will regain the confidence I lost and I'll be able to rid myself of the depression I've felt about the way I look.
marpaul
North Cumbria

17-12-2011, 12:41 AM

When they put the new ones in will they be temporary ones until you get ones made to measure so to speak?
Mollie
Chatterbox
Wigan in Lancashire

17-12-2011, 12:49 AM

No Marian. Apparently, what he will do is take an impression first, then I'd have to go back again. I don't know the in's and out's but he assures me I won't go around "gummy" for any length of time at all. He says he wouldn't do that to me.

He did say though that sometimes (not always) a new set of teeth may have to be replaced six months down the line because the gums recede, which may make the new teeth loose. It's a gamble.

He also said some patients go six months after extraction before new teeth are fitted, and when he said that my hair stood on end and I said I couldn't go a week, never mind six months.

I told him I'd take a photo in with me next time to show my real teeth and he said that he could work on that.

I'm feeling more positive now than I have done in a good while.

Page 2 of 35 < 1 2 3 4 12 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top