Join for free
Page 1 of 14 1 2 3 11 > Last »
Alicat
West Berkshire
Alicat is female  Alicat has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-08-2012, 06:47 PM

I've got cancer!

Remember I had the op and had a biopsy done, well I've been diagnosed with womb cancer, what a bummer!! I've got to have a total hysterectomy in September, it will be an abdominal incision and the operation will take 2 hours.

God knows if I'm gonna get through the op! I'm a very large lady although I have lost 3 stone in the last 3 months. The surgeon says it's got to be done, I've got cancer in me and it's got to come out.

I'm going to have a epidural, a light general anaesthetic and a local anaesthetic.

So if you all don't hear from me after September I will be a goner. I suppose you have to stay positive all the same.

My husband is really upset about it all.

I just thought I would let you all know.
Lynne55
Lancs.
Lynne55 is female  Lynne55 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-08-2012, 07:11 PM

Re: I've got cancer!

Originally Posted by Alicat ->

So if you all don't hear from me after September I will be a goner. I suppose you have to stay positive all the same.

I'm very sorry to hear that Alison. & dont you dare think about not being here after September,. Stay positive. They can do amazing things nowdays. You will be as good as new by Christmas.
Eggiebread
Bristol, UK
Eggiebread is female  Eggiebread has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-08-2012, 07:12 PM

Hi Alicat. Hmm not such great news for you. I'm sorry to hear it.
Sending positive thoughts your way.
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-08-2012, 07:33 PM

Ali I know it's difficult but try to stay positive, give Asti lots of cuddles too.

I know a couple of people who had a similar operation and they were just fine..

I am sure all your friends here will be thinking of you and sending the very warmest wishes for a speedy recovery from your operation in September x
Aerolor
Chatterbox
UK
Aerolor is female  Aerolor has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-08-2012, 07:34 PM

Allicat - I'm sorry - that is bad news and takes some getting to grips with, I know. I had to undergo a radical open hysterectomy for the same thing about 4 years ago, aged 61. It is possible to overcome this; I am still here 4/5 years on. Fear is the worst thing about it all, I think, so try not to worry too much. Anaesthetic can be a big frightener, but it is very sophisticated these days and you will come out of it. The epidural will help no end afterwards. Be strong and think positive. Ask them to help you through the surgery emotionally and also post surgery if you feel you need it. Support groups for women who have had hysterectomies are sometimes very helpful.
Kind regards
Rena
Mollie
Chatterbox
Wigan in Lancashire
Mollie is female  Mollie has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-08-2012, 07:36 PM

So sorry the news isn't good lass but, like everyone is saying, try to stay positive.

Very best wishes to you. xx
mesco m
manchester
mesco m is female  mesco m has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-08-2012, 07:47 PM

It's the worst word that can ever be spoken to you by a doctor.
But it is cureable and treatment very sucesseful. I know it's a dreadful shock but try to keep your spirits up. I wish you good luck and I will say prayers for you. God bless you.
maryl
UK
maryl is female  maryl has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-08-2012, 07:52 PM

Alison, Rena's advice is spot on, lots to think of there. A friend of ours had the same thing done, although under general anaesthetic, about fifteen years ago and now she is her seventies and doesn't even think about those days anymore. She is fine, just fine and so will you be too.
Janela
Fondly Remembered
Essex UK
Janela is female  Janela has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-08-2012, 08:42 PM

Sorry to hear the news Alicat, like everyone has said, think positive.
I had the same op, for similar reasons and that was almost 6 years ago.
You'll be amazed at how quickly you bounce back and I was back home in four days, the district nurse will come in to check dressings, etc., so there will be plenty of support after.
Go out and buy yourself a couple of new nighties, books and magazines. I think being bored (I was in a room on my own) is the worse thing.
Best wishes to you.
Azz
Admin
South Wales, UK
Azz is male  Azz has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-08-2012, 08:57 PM

Sorry to hear this Alison, as everyone else has said - stay positive. I'm sure you can beat this thing *hug*

Page 1 of 14 1 2 3 11 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top