Join for free
Page 5 of 20 « First < 3 4 5 6 7 15 > Last »
shropshiregirl
Chatterbox
Shropshire
shropshiregirl is female  shropshiregirl has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-12-2019, 01:02 PM

Re: It's official, Big Ben will chime on 31st January

Watched a programme yesterday showing the work being done on Big Ben. It really is impressive! Apart from the wimpish action of workmen NOT wearing ear protectors for the majority of the work to allow the hourly bongs, they decided it was better to stop the bell working altogether instead, something even two world wars couldn't manage to do.

Still, I will be soothed by the knowledge that it will ring out loudly on the minute that we once again become a free country.
Bread
Chatterbox
Sudbury, United Kingdom
Bread is male  Bread has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-12-2019, 01:34 PM

Originally Posted by shropshiregirl ->
Watched a programme yesterday showing the work being done on Big Ben. It really is impressive! Apart from the wimpish action of workmen NOT wearing ear protectors for the majority of the work to allow the hourly bongs, they decided it was better to stop the bell working altogether instead, something even two world wars couldn't manage to do.

Still, I will be soothed by the knowledge that it will ring out loudly on the minute that we once again become a free country.

Can't wait ... we should just let it keep ringing until december 31st 2020
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-12-2019, 07:34 PM

Originally Posted by shropshiregirl ->

At which time the date will be announced as being a bank holiday. 'Independence Day'.
Judd
Chatterbox
West Riding of Yorkshire
Judd is male  Judd has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-12-2019, 07:41 PM

Originally Posted by JBR ->
At which time the date will be announced as being a bank holiday. 'Independence Day'.
I, for one, will be setting off some fireworks and having a fire in my brazier in lieu of a hillside beacon. I will also ceremoniously throw an EU flag into the flames.
Solasch
Chatterbox
Netherlands
Solasch is male  Solasch has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-12-2019, 07:48 PM

Originally Posted by Judd ->
I, for one, will be setting off some fireworks and having a fire in my brazier in lieu of a hillside beacon. I will also ceremoniously throw an EU flag into the flames.
If you buy it in the UK it will be, in line with EU regulations, treated with a fire deterrent
Bread
Chatterbox
Sudbury, United Kingdom
Bread is male  Bread has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-12-2019, 07:48 PM

Originally Posted by Judd ->

I'm projecting the union flag all over the houses in our road with the big lasers we use for our shows. I'm also setting up my PA in the garden to play Rule Britannia and then God Save the Queen at full tilt
Solasch
Chatterbox
Netherlands
Solasch is male  Solasch has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-12-2019, 07:51 PM

Originally Posted by JBR ->
Independent from the EU? Who made you believe that fairy tale? You will be paying the EU till way in the 2060's. Boris' deal sees to that.
Bread
Chatterbox
Sudbury, United Kingdom

30-12-2019, 08:00 PM

Originally Posted by Solasch ->
Independent from the EU? Who made you believe that fairy tale? You will be paying the EU till way in the 2060's. Boris' deal sees to that.

The EU won't exist in 3 years and the payments from the divorce bill will have nothing to do with the UK being dependent on the EU for anything.

We are out completely on 31st Dec 2020.
Solasch
Chatterbox
Netherlands

30-12-2019, 08:02 PM

Originally Posted by Bread ->
I'm projecting the union flag all over the houses in our road with the big lasers we use for our shows. I'm also setting up my PA in the garden to play Rule Britannia and then God Save the Queen at full tilt
I would have thought your event company would be booked up full on that date? Everybody will want to celebrate. Or will you be using spare assets in your garden?
Bread
Chatterbox
Sudbury, United Kingdom

30-12-2019, 08:08 PM

Originally Posted by Solasch ->
I would have thought your event company would be booked up full on that date? Everybody will want to celebrate. Or will you be using spare assets in your garden?

They are my lasers and my PA .... we have a warehouse full

Why am I using them ?

.... because I fcking can

Page 5 of 20 « First < 3 4 5 6 7 15 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top