Join for free
Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >
Barry
Chatterbox
North Notts
Barry is male  Barry has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-04-2020, 12:36 PM

Re: Viking holidays

Seems to be a lot of brinksmanship with the travel companies hoping the punters will cancel first, but as long as the FO advice is not to travel to your destination then surely the companies have no choice but to cancel do they?

However, I hope it works out for all of you travellers moneywise and I must admit that he voucher idea doesn't sound too bad with the cruise company, as long as they are still in business at that point of course! Having said that, there is always your travel insurance or as a last resort a chargeback against your credit card company, so hopefully there should be some redress somewhere. Worrying times though....
Donkeyman
Chatterbox
Melton,United Kingdom
Donkeyman is male  Donkeyman has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-04-2020, 05:02 PM

Originally Posted by OldGreyFox ->
Ha ha, thanks for the advice Summer, Bruce and Donkeyman....Geriatric indeed!........It's not much different from a cruise at home now, sat at home with a geriatric missus, watching the world go by through a porthole.......I should go out and clean those windows.....

I'm playing the waiting game with P&O. There is no way that any of their ships will be sailing in May, and being as I have already paid the balance, the best line of action is for them to cancel the cruise, in which case I will be entitled to all of my money back. See the small print.

If I chicken out and cancel, not only are they entitled to keep the deposit, they are obliged to give me a credit note for another cruise.

It is a cruise that Mrs Fox and me have always wanted to do, so a credit note worth 125% of the original cost, plus an extra £400 per cabin spends is okay by me. They are giving us until December 2022 to rebook....
Is that why they call you Foxy?? LOL!
Your plan seems very logical lhope it all works out foryou both

Donkeyman! 😇😇😇
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire
OldGreyFox is male  OldGreyFox has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-04-2020, 08:13 PM

Originally Posted by Donkeyman ->
Is that why they call you Foxy?? LOL!
Your plan seems very logical lhope it all works out foryou both

Donkeyman! 😇😇😇
Thanks Donkeyman......
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire
swimfeeders is male  swimfeeders has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-04-2020, 08:21 PM

Hi

I would not be surprised if the Government changed the rules to insist on compulsory medical and repatriation insurance for all foreign holidays.
Donkeyman
Chatterbox
Melton,United Kingdom
Donkeyman is male  Donkeyman has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-04-2020, 01:41 PM

Originally Posted by swimfeeders ->
Hi

I would not be surprised if the Government changed the rules to insist on compulsory medical and repatriation insurance for all foreign holidays.
Isnt that the case for all old geezers allready Swimmy?

Donkeyman! 🤔🤔🤔
Surfermom
Chatterbox
United States
Surfermom is female  Surfermom has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-04-2020, 05:49 PM

The US did not include the cruise lines in the massive bailout, so the companies are going to have to find outside emergency financing. I expect the interest rates will be high as the demand post-virus is still unknown. It's reasonable to expect that some will file and go into reorganization bankruptcy.

I thoroughly enjoy cruising and plan to cruise again, but prudence has me sitting on potential deposits until I see some financial reorganization.
realspeed
Chatterbox
South coast
realspeed is male  realspeed has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-04-2020, 06:16 PM

Originally Posted by Surfermom ->
The US did not include the cruise lines in the massive bailout, so the companies are going to have to find outside emergency financing. I expect the interest rates will be high as the demand post-virus is still unknown. It's reasonable to expect that some will file and go into reorganization bankruptcy.

I thoroughly enjoy cruising and plan to cruise again, but prudence has me sitting on potential deposits until I see some financial reorganization.
that made me smile, loo rolls to the ready
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire
OldGreyFox is male  OldGreyFox has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-04-2020, 09:05 PM

Originally Posted by swimfeeders ->
Hi

Not allowed on a cruise without compulsory medical insurance Swim, after all, it's mostly old people that go on cruises.

Every cruise we've been on at least one person has had to be taken off the ship with a medical emergency....
Bruce
Chatterbox
Wollongong, Australia
Bruce is male  Bruce has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-04-2020, 12:02 AM

Will there be many cruise lines left after this is over?

On the wireless this morning it was suggested (by experts who plan these things) that Australia's borders will be closed to international travel for 18 months to two years until this virus is under control. Presumably other nations are thinking the same thing. (Any arrivals during that time will be forced into two weeks compulsory isolation)
Surfermom
Chatterbox
United States
Surfermom is female  Surfermom has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-04-2020, 01:50 PM

Originally Posted by realspeed ->
that made me smile, loo rolls to the ready
Behave.

Originally Posted by Bruce ->
Will there be many cruise lines left after this is over?

On the wireless this morning it was suggested (by experts who plan these things) that Australia's borders will be closed to international travel for 18 months to two years until this virus is under control. Presumably other nations are thinking the same thing. (Any arrivals during that time will be forced into two weeks compulsory isolation)
I expect that the public, desperate for work and supplies, will slowly push for reopening. That said, I do expect that traveling to and from certain locations are going involve a great more scrutiny than ever. We are still taking off our shoes post 9-11, and we may have our temperature taken for a long time. (Just don't ask Realspeed how ).

Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top