Join for free
zuludog
N E Lancashire
zuludog is male  zuludog has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-06-2020, 02:34 PM

A sticky pan

I have an old non - stick frying pan where the non - stick coating has worn off; down to the metal (aluminium) in places

Is there any way of restoring the non - stick - ness?

On the other hand, it must be over 30 years old now, and I've had my money's worth out of it
Shall I just admit defeat and buy a new one?
Judd
Chatterbox
West Riding of Yorkshire
Judd is male  Judd has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-06-2020, 02:41 PM

Re: A sticky pan

Apart from one stainless steel `Dutch oven` style frying pan, I use cast iron frying pans all the time now. Provided that they are well cleaned and `seasoned` before use nothing sticks to them. All cleaning entails is some clean water into the pans and heat it up over a low flame/heat. I use one of those sponge scourers to wipe the pan. Empty the water from the pan and return to the heat. Dry any excess water left in the pan with some kitchen roll or cloth then add a tiny drop of oil and wipe around to leave a nice clean shiny pan.

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top