Join for free
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
carol
Chatterbox
Derbyshire.
carol is female  carol has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-06-2020, 01:34 PM

Re: Kitchen flooring.

Thanks everybody & thanks for that link Baz. There is some very nice flooring there. I googled their whereabouts & there is a branch in Derby - my local city.

I will be going to have a look around there when things get back to normal.

In a way it will be a shame to cover my existing floor. It is 20 year old ceramic tiles & still looks good but hopefully I will find something nice - and safe!!
Baz46
Somewhere rural 'out in the sticks', UK
Baz46 is male  Baz46 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-06-2020, 02:38 PM

Originally Posted by carol ->
Thanks everybody & thanks for that link Baz. There is some very nice flooring there. I googled their whereabouts & there is a branch in Derby - my local city.

I will be going to have a look around there when things get back to normal.

In a way it will be a shame to cover my existing floor. It is 20 year old ceramic tiles & still looks good but hopefully I will find something nice - and safe!!
You are more than welcome Carol. I recognised the name from TV advertising, hope you get what you need to prevent further falls anyway.
LongDriver
West Sussex (coastal)
LongDriver is male  LongDriver has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-06-2020, 05:02 PM

For our kitchen, both bathrooms and the cloakroom we have non slip finish ceramic tiles manufactured by Vitra of Italy. They also supplied all three pedestal basins and the three loos in our home. The floor tiles really are non slip when wet!
We first saw Vitra floor tiles when visiting down under 15 or so years ago and then found a Vitra supplier local to us back home, namely TDC ltd of Chichester who were very helpful and delivered on time :thumbup:
Ripple
Ripple is female  Ripple has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-06-2020, 03:23 PM

My kitchen has unpolished travertine flagstones no Slipping n sliding here
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-06-2020, 07:20 PM

That sounds painful Carol, what a nuisance for you.

I have ceramic tiles that look like stone, they are not smooth or slippy I chose them for that reason.
Alees59
New Member!
Leicester, UK
Alees59 is female 

29-06-2020, 03:19 PM

We have quickstep in our kitchen and bathroom as I've slipped once and broke my hand. Since then we decided it would be better to get some slip-resistant flooring. We looked around and found this [Mod edit: sorry we do not allow link drops] on IDS about slip-resistant flooring and ended up buying quickstep from them.
carol
Chatterbox
Derbyshire.
carol is female  carol has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-06-2020, 11:13 PM

Thanks everybody. I've temporarily got a rubbed backed rug over the tiles to stop me slipping again while I decide what to do.

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top